A movie as bracing and furiously right for the moment as it is broad and huggable. Adam Sandler plays a quiet schlemiel who has spent his life afraid of emotions; Jack Nicholson is the loud shrink who forces him to get in touch with his inner rage. Even if the plot heads for a life lesson at the end of the therapy rainbow, this comedy is a spirited salvo against the rising tide of inanity.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jack Nicholson, Adam Sandler, Allen Covert, Luis Guzman, Woody Harrelson, January Jones, Kevin Nealon, John C. Reilly, Lynne Thigpen, Marisa Tomei, John Turturro; Director: Peter Segal; Author: David Dorfman; Release Date Wide: 04/11/2003; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the Disney Channel tale about junior villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!