A movie as bracing and furiously right for the moment as it is broad and huggable. Adam Sandler plays a quiet schlemiel who has spent his life afraid of emotions; Jack Nicholson is the loud shrink who forces him to get in touch with his inner rage. Even if the plot heads for a life lesson at the end of the therapy rainbow, this comedy is a spirited salvo against the rising tide of inanity.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jack Nicholson, Adam Sandler, Allen Covert, Luis Guzman, Woody Harrelson, January Jones, Kevin Nealon, John C. Reilly, Lynne Thigpen, Marisa Tomei, John Turturro; Director: Peter Segal; Author: David Dorfman; Release Date Wide: 04/11/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere