Watching the ”Simpsons”-doppelgänger Griffin clan – with clueless dad, doting mom, and embarrassed daughter – is like seeing a beloved celeb with fresh plastic surgery: It looks familiar enough to like, yet something’s not quite right. Family Guy Volume One: Seasons 1 & 2 rips through edgy gags, TV references, and fantasy sequences (some of which are hilariously inspired), but Fox’s other buffoonish family has none of ”The Simpsons”’ heart. As Homer and family have shown, a cartoon doesn’t always have to be this cartoonish.
(The Family Guy: © Fox)
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Darren Criss in talks for 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Chris Hyndman, CBC talk show host, dies at 49
- ‘Wicked City’ producers say oral sex murder scene is ‘not violence porn’
- Final season of cult U.K. sitcom 'Peep Show' starts shooting
- Kelly Osbourne says she 'f---ed up' after comments about Latinos go viral
- See Ilana Glazer shake it like a Polaroid picture on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Tavi Gevinson to guest-star on 'Scream Queens'