Watching the ”Simpsons”-doppelgänger Griffin clan – with clueless dad, doting mom, and embarrassed daughter – is like seeing a beloved celeb with fresh plastic surgery: It looks familiar enough to like, yet something’s not quite right. Family Guy Volume One: Seasons 1 & 2 rips through edgy gags, TV references, and fantasy sequences (some of which are hilariously inspired), but Fox’s other buffoonish family has none of ”The Simpsons”’ heart. As Homer and family have shown, a cartoon doesn’t always have to be this cartoonish.
(The Family Guy: © Fox)
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!