Watching the ”Simpsons”-doppelgänger Griffin clan – with clueless dad, doting mom, and embarrassed daughter – is like seeing a beloved celeb with fresh plastic surgery: It looks familiar enough to like, yet something’s not quite right. Family Guy Volume One: Seasons 1 & 2 rips through edgy gags, TV references, and fantasy sequences (some of which are hilariously inspired), but Fox’s other buffoonish family has none of ”The Simpsons”’ heart. As Homer and family have shown, a cartoon doesn’t always have to be this cartoonish.
(The Family Guy: © Fox)
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC
- 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' adds a new cast member