Watching the ”Simpsons”-doppelgänger Griffin clan – with clueless dad, doting mom, and embarrassed daughter – is like seeing a beloved celeb with fresh plastic surgery: It looks familiar enough to like, yet something’s not quite right. Family Guy Volume One: Seasons 1 & 2 rips through edgy gags, TV references, and fantasy sequences (some of which are hilariously inspired), but Fox’s other buffoonish family has none of ”The Simpsons”’ heart. As Homer and family have shown, a cartoon doesn’t always have to be this cartoonish.
(The Family Guy: © Fox)
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations