Watching the ”Simpsons”-doppelgänger Griffin clan – with clueless dad, doting mom, and embarrassed daughter – is like seeing a beloved celeb with fresh plastic surgery: It looks familiar enough to like, yet something’s not quite right. Family Guy Volume One: Seasons 1 & 2 rips through edgy gags, TV references, and fantasy sequences (some of which are hilariously inspired), but Fox’s other buffoonish family has none of ”The Simpsons”’ heart. As Homer and family have shown, a cartoon doesn’t always have to be this cartoonish.
(The Family Guy: © Fox)
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- 'Frozen' musical selects city for world premiere before Broadway
- 'The Big Bang Theory' shocker: Bernadette's big news!
- Here are all the featured artists on Kanye West's new album
- 'Deadpool' screenwriters 'trying to get a jump on' sequel
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996