Ladies and gentlemen, step right up and meet HBO’s Carnivale! Slated to begin a 12-week run in September, the hour-long drama, currently filming in California’s Santa Clarita Valley, peeks under the big top of a 1930s circus, revealing a supernatural tale of good versus evil. ”Think of it as The X-Files during the Dust Bowl,” says Clea DuVall (front, with Michael J. Anderson), who plays telepathic tarot-card reader Sofie. ”The scripts are complex and incredibly beautiful but definitely have some eerie, inexplicable twists.”
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- People are naming their kids after the 'Empire' family
- Academy unveils shortlist of 15 Best Documentary contenders
- Mark Zuckerberg welcomes baby, pledges 99% of Facebook stock to charity
- See exclusive preview pages from Z2 Comics' 'Carver: A Paris Adventure'
- Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' goes diamond
- Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan to be honored by Santa Barbara Film Festival
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Stephen & Ciera critique each other on 'Survivor Talk'