Ladies and gentlemen, step right up and meet HBO’s Carnivale! Slated to begin a 12-week run in September, the hour-long drama, currently filming in California’s Santa Clarita Valley, peeks under the big top of a 1930s circus, revealing a supernatural tale of good versus evil. ”Think of it as The X-Files during the Dust Bowl,” says Clea DuVall (front, with Michael J. Anderson), who plays telepathic tarot-card reader Sofie. ”The scripts are complex and incredibly beautiful but definitely have some eerie, inexplicable twists.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquaio fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' creators break down the latest twist: 'It's an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Walking Dead' actor in subway rant clip
- Celebrities who share a birthday with the new Royal Baby
- Ruth Rendell, mysteries writer, dies at 85
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!