Ladies and gentlemen, step right up and meet HBO’s Carnivale! Slated to begin a 12-week run in September, the hour-long drama, currently filming in California’s Santa Clarita Valley, peeks under the big top of a 1930s circus, revealing a supernatural tale of good versus evil. ”Think of it as The X-Files during the Dust Bowl,” says Clea DuVall (front, with Michael J. Anderson), who plays telepathic tarot-card reader Sofie. ”The scripts are complex and incredibly beautiful but definitely have some eerie, inexplicable twists.”
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop