Ladies and gentlemen, step right up and meet HBO’s Carnivale! Slated to begin a 12-week run in September, the hour-long drama, currently filming in California’s Santa Clarita Valley, peeks under the big top of a 1930s circus, revealing a supernatural tale of good versus evil. ”Think of it as The X-Files during the Dust Bowl,” says Clea DuVall (front, with Michael J. Anderson), who plays telepathic tarot-card reader Sofie. ”The scripts are complex and incredibly beautiful but definitely have some eerie, inexplicable twists.”
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Inside Out' wins top prizes at the Annie Awards
- Here's what critics are saying about 'Deadpool'
- Box office: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' wins again as newcomers fumble
- John Legend, Sam Smith, and more celebs react to Beyonce's 'Formation'
- Beyoncé looks back on Super Bowl halftime show in rare interview
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' crosses $2 billion worldwide
- Larry David promises disappointment in his 'SNL' monologue