Ladies and gentlemen, step right up and meet HBO’s Carnivale! Slated to begin a 12-week run in September, the hour-long drama, currently filming in California’s Santa Clarita Valley, peeks under the big top of a 1930s circus, revealing a supernatural tale of good versus evil. ”Think of it as The X-Files during the Dust Bowl,” says Clea DuVall (front, with Michael J. Anderson), who plays telepathic tarot-card reader Sofie. ”The scripts are complex and incredibly beautiful but definitely have some eerie, inexplicable twists.”
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- Fear the Walking Dead producers reveal how much time season 1 will cover
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!