Mohsen Makhmalbaf’s doc-style jewel is a poignant look at a captive society. Returning to her Taliban-controlled motherland, Canadian journalist Nafas races to try and stop her despondent sister from committing suicide at the next solar eclipse. During her dangerous journey through Afghanistan, Nafas encounters those she left behind – allowing the audience to witness through the eyeholes of her burka the misery of a war-torn land.
Genre: Drama, Documentary; Starring: Niloufar Pazira, Hassan Tantai, Sadou Teymouri; Director: Mohsen Makhmalbaf; Release Date Limited: 12/14/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Avatar Films
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Aladdin' honest trailer reminds us why it's really Genie's movie
- Go behind the scenes of Thomas Rhett and Jordin Sparks' duet
- The anticipation is over as the 'Rocky Horror' cast reunites for EW
- A&E Network to air Sean Bean's 'Frankenstein Chronicles'
- Dubsmash Wars: See the final round of Team 'Carter' vs. Team 'S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- 'The Walking Dead': Norman Reedus on 'Daryl and Carol moment'
- First look at Timothy Spall in and Colm Meany in 'The Journey'