Mohsen Makhmalbaf’s doc-style jewel is a poignant look at a captive society. Returning to her Taliban-controlled motherland, Canadian journalist Nafas races to try and stop her despondent sister from committing suicide at the next solar eclipse. During her dangerous journey through Afghanistan, Nafas encounters those she left behind – allowing the audience to witness through the eyeholes of her burka the misery of a war-torn land.
Genre: Drama, Documentary; Starring: Niloufar Pazira, Hassan Tantai, Sadou Teymouri; Director: Mohsen Makhmalbaf; Release Date Limited: 12/14/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Avatar Films
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!