Mohsen Makhmalbaf’s doc-style jewel is a poignant look at a captive society. Returning to her Taliban-controlled motherland, Canadian journalist Nafas races to try and stop her despondent sister from committing suicide at the next solar eclipse. During her dangerous journey through Afghanistan, Nafas encounters those she left behind – allowing the audience to witness through the eyeholes of her burka the misery of a war-torn land.
Genre: Drama, Documentary; Starring: Niloufar Pazira, Hassan Tantai, Sadou Teymouri; Director: Mohsen Makhmalbaf; Release Date Limited: 12/14/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Avatar Films
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scandal' stars are back to work on season 6
- Eva Longoria dings Donald Trump at DNC: 'My father is not a rapist'
- 'Bachelorette': Wells gives 'spirited' episode recap on Snapchat
- Michelle Obama hits back at Donald Trump in powerful DNC speech
- Shannen Doherty shares breast cancer update after shaving head
- Paul Simon performs 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' at DNC
- Sarah Silverman to Bernie Sanders holdouts: 'You're being ridiculous'
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels