Mohsen Makhmalbaf’s doc-style jewel is a poignant look at a captive society. Returning to her Taliban-controlled motherland, Canadian journalist Nafas races to try and stop her despondent sister from committing suicide at the next solar eclipse. During her dangerous journey through Afghanistan, Nafas encounters those she left behind – allowing the audience to witness through the eyeholes of her burka the misery of a war-torn land.
Genre: Drama, Documentary; Starring: Niloufar Pazira, Hassan Tantai, Sadou Teymouri; Director: Mohsen Makhmalbaf; Release Date Limited: 12/14/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Avatar Films
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel