Director Claude Chabrol offers a bonbon of a thriller with Huppert as the Swiss chocolate-magnate wife of a famous pianist (Dutronc) with a penchant for serving drug-laced hot cocoa to her guests – including an unexpected visitor who may or may not be her husband’s daughter. A stylishly arch dark comedy with shades of Rebecca, Merci stays on the right side of camp with an ambiguous ending that belies Huppert’s perfect-wife/nutso grin.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Isabelle Huppert, Brigitte Catillon, Jacques Dutronc, Anna Mouglalis, Rodolphe Pauly, Michel Robin; Director: Claude Chabrol; Author: Claude Chabrol; Release Date Limited: 07/31/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Empire Pictures, First Run Features
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast