Director Claude Chabrol offers a bonbon of a thriller with Huppert as the Swiss chocolate-magnate wife of a famous pianist (Dutronc) with a penchant for serving drug-laced hot cocoa to her guests – including an unexpected visitor who may or may not be her husband’s daughter. A stylishly arch dark comedy with shades of Rebecca, Merci stays on the right side of camp with an ambiguous ending that belies Huppert’s perfect-wife/nutso grin.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Isabelle Huppert, Brigitte Catillon, Jacques Dutronc, Anna Mouglalis, Rodolphe Pauly, Michel Robin; Director: Claude Chabrol; Author: Claude Chabrol; Release Date Limited: 07/31/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Empire Pictures, First Run Features
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996