Director Claude Chabrol offers a bonbon of a thriller with Huppert as the Swiss chocolate-magnate wife of a famous pianist (Dutronc) with a penchant for serving drug-laced hot cocoa to her guests – including an unexpected visitor who may or may not be her husband’s daughter. A stylishly arch dark comedy with shades of Rebecca, Merci stays on the right side of camp with an ambiguous ending that belies Huppert’s perfect-wife/nutso grin.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Isabelle Huppert, Brigitte Catillon, Jacques Dutronc, Anna Mouglalis, Rodolphe Pauly, Michel Robin; Director: Claude Chabrol; Author: Claude Chabrol; Release Date Limited: 07/31/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Empire Pictures, First Run Features
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!