It’s ”The Mighty Ducks” meets ”The Matrix,” via the Far East. In Hong Kong’s highest-grossing homegrown hit, Stephen Chow (who also cowrote and directed) plays a kung fu master who could break Beckham if he wanted to. Instead, he settles for leading a team in the titular action-packed sport.
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser outpaces 'Star Wars' in first day
- Wong Kar Wai was in the mood for conversation at MOMA book chat
- 'Get Shorty' TV series coming to Epix
- 'Tuck Everlasting' becomes mortal, will close on Broadway
- There's no escaping the clown costume in Eli Roth-produced 'Clown'
- Jessica Lowndes is creeped out in Darren Lynn Bousman's 'Abattoir'
- Stephen King, hundreds of writers sign petition against Donald Trump