It’s ”The Mighty Ducks” meets ”The Matrix,” via the Far East. In Hong Kong’s highest-grossing homegrown hit, Stephen Chow (who also cowrote and directed) plays a kung fu master who could break Beckham if he wanted to. Instead, he settles for leading a team in the titular action-packed sport.
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of SHIELD' return tells the birth of a superhero
- 'Fifty Shades of Wayne' replaces Christian Grey with, yes, Batman
- From 'People': Ellie Goulding joins 'The Voice' as Adam Levine's adviser
- Justin Bieber really wants Seth Rogen to roast him
- Christine Lahti cast opposite Terry O'Quinn in ABC's 'The Adversaries'
- Zachary Quinto remembers Leonard Nimoy as a 'father figure'
- Wilmer Valderrama signs on to Fox's 'Minority Report' pilot