If all else fails, go with God. That’s what Touched by an Angel creator Martha Williamson did when penning the two-part finale of her nine-year-old CBS drama: She included a special visit from the Lord Almighty (not pictured, left). ”When it became clear this would be the last season, that was the appropriate thing to do,” says Chris Davidson, a CBS programming VP. In the second installment of the two-part finale, airing April 27, Roma Downey’s Monica comes to the aid of a drifter (Wolf Lake’s Scott Bairstow, inset) who’s wrongly accused of murdering children in a big town fire. Only later does our angel learn that the guy she’s guarding is the big G himself. (Cue ”Hallelujah” chorus.) ”It will be subtle, impressive,” says Davidson. ”It’s the ultimate reveal.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!