If all else fails, go with God. That’s what Touched by an Angel creator Martha Williamson did when penning the two-part finale of her nine-year-old CBS drama: She included a special visit from the Lord Almighty (not pictured, left). ”When it became clear this would be the last season, that was the appropriate thing to do,” says Chris Davidson, a CBS programming VP. In the second installment of the two-part finale, airing April 27, Roma Downey’s Monica comes to the aid of a drifter (Wolf Lake’s Scott Bairstow, inset) who’s wrongly accused of murdering children in a big town fire. Only later does our angel learn that the guy she’s guarding is the big G himself. (Cue ”Hallelujah” chorus.) ”It will be subtle, impressive,” says Davidson. ”It’s the ultimate reveal.”
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!