If all else fails, go with God. That’s what Touched by an Angel creator Martha Williamson did when penning the two-part finale of her nine-year-old CBS drama: She included a special visit from the Lord Almighty (not pictured, left). ”When it became clear this would be the last season, that was the appropriate thing to do,” says Chris Davidson, a CBS programming VP. In the second installment of the two-part finale, airing April 27, Roma Downey’s Monica comes to the aid of a drifter (Wolf Lake’s Scott Bairstow, inset) who’s wrongly accused of murdering children in a big town fire. Only later does our angel learn that the guy she’s guarding is the big G himself. (Cue ”Hallelujah” chorus.) ”It will be subtle, impressive,” says Davidson. ”It’s the ultimate reveal.”
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!