Crowds at the Toronto film festival went wild for this drama about the history and traditions of a tiny New Zealand fishing village. As the town elders search for a new male chief, a 12-year-old Maori girl begins to realize her own unlikely destiny.
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'