Crowds at the Toronto film festival went wild for this drama about the history and traditions of a tiny New Zealand fishing village. As the town elders search for a new male chief, a 12-year-old Maori girl begins to realize her own unlikely destiny.
Posted April 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyoncé thought Denis Leary was Bryan Adams: 'Beyoncé makes the call'
- Grading the week's best (and worst) singles
- Watch the new trailer for 'Office Christmas Party'
- Seth Rogen, Kevin Hart join Jeff Ross' 'Roast Battle' judges panel
- Roger Moore 'heartbroken' after daughter dies of cancer
- Zelda Williams stars in Lifetime thriller 'Girl in the Box': Photos
- 'The A Word' clip: After sex, Maurice promises 'It'll get better'