NBC’s Just Shoot Me is a long shot for renewal, but it’s certainly going out with a bang. The sitcom will air twofers on Tuesdays during sweeps, leading to a three-episode finale on May 20. ”It’s like carpet bombing,” jokes executive producer John Peaslee. In fact, bombshells will surround David Spade’s eternally horny Dennis Finch: Guests include Gina Gershon, Jenny McCarthy, and Kristy Swanson – Spade’s real ex-girlfriend. ”There’s a line where Kristy was supposed to say, ‘Omigod, I forgot how cute Finch was,”’ explains executive producer Judd Pillot. ”In front of the audience, she said, ‘Omigod, I forgot how cute David was.”’ Emotions ran high during taping of the last episode, in which Blush publisher Jack Gallo (George Segal) retires and turns the fashion magazine over to his daughter Maya (Laura San Giacomo). ”Everybody was crying,” says Peaslee. ”You don’t expect to see David Spade crying.” Guess after seven seasons, it’s hard to say buh-bye.
Posted May 2 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- President Obama talks 'The Wire' with creator David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!