– R.E.M.’s Michael Stipe, hammering out lyrics during the group’s recent recording sessions in Vancouver, British Columbia (bassist Mike Mills, meanwhile, mills about the keyboards at left). The Athens, Ga., trio – Stipe, Mills, and guitarist Peter Buck – is working on new material for both its 13th studio album, due next year, and an upcoming greatest-hits collection. ”[The songs] are polar opposites,” says Stipe of the tunes, which include the politically charged ”Bad Day.” ”They’re either very loud and rude and f – -ed-up sounding, or they’re really quiet and soft and f – -ed-up sounding.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo