On Your Feet, Soldier! Grab the keys to the Warthog and get yourself one of those new submachine guns: Halo 2, the long-awaited sequel to the mother of all alien-war games, will be invading homes early next year. (Die-hard gamers who are making the pilgrimage to next month’s Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles will get a chance to see an early version in a big-screen, big-sound stadium setting.) Once again wearing the combat boots of the grizzled Master Chief (shown here wearing his upgraded body armor), players will find the battle taken to a war-ravaged Earth. There are plenty of improvements over the first game, including destructible environments (like that rock you’re cowering behind), as well as some unconventional vehicles to drive and fly. Those nasty Covenant swarms have gotten smarter too, with the ability to communicate with central command so that instead of getting slaughtered, they retreat, retrench, and return even stronger. And the Xbox Live multiplayer component will add an armada of human support to the battles, making the old split-screen LAN party setup a thing of the past. Now those are fightin’ words.
Posted May 2 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Gilmore Girls' Fan Fest happening in town that inspired Stars Hollow
- Video Music Awards 2016: How well do you know the nominees?
- WATCH: Winter Soldier has shield envy in 'Civil War' deleted scene
- Naya Rivera reveals she had an abortion during 'Glee'
- Cher slams Donald Trump as 'f---ing idiot'
- CHVRCHES cover Calvin Harris & Rihanna's 'This Is What You Came For'
- 'Nashville' star eyes exit as premiere date confirmed
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...