1. Christopher Guest’s latest parody (of the ’60s folk-music scene) reunites several actors from his previous films (including Parker Posey, above), many of whom have known each other for more than 20 years.
2. Jennifer Coolidge based her character’s accent on a foreign exchange student from college…combined with a deaf woman.
3. Guest shaved the middle of his head, causing his daughter to speculate, ”By the time it grows back, you’ll be bald.”
4. The final concert was filmed before a full house at L.A.’s Orpheum Theatre, subbing for NYC’s Town Hall.
5. The Folksmen’s (Guest, Michael McKean, Harry Shearer) funniest memory about their old label? It made LP’s with no hole.
6. The New Main Street Singers notwithstanding, there is no such thing as a neuftet.