$40,000 That’s about what it’ll cost to get your hands on Pioneer’s new PDSP-1 speaker. Why so steep? Because this single five-inch-thick unit will help sense the dimensions of your room and then align its 254 mini-speakers to deliver perfectly calibrated 5.1 surround sound. So, Bill Gates, when you buy yours, give us a call and tell us what it’s like.
Posted May 2 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!