– THE HANDMAID’S TALE (1986) In Atwood’s imagined future, women are divided into the chaste, the help, and the wombs.
– CAT’S EYE (1989) Elaine Risley is haunted by the small acts of torture inflicted by her three childhood girlfriends.
– THE ROBBER BRIDE (1993) Another sly look at female friendship. Here, a queen bitch steals your man every time.
– ALIAS GRACE (1996) Atwood re-creates the 1843 case of a 16-year-old housemaid convicted of killing her wealthy employer.
– THE BLIND ASSASSIN (2000) The Booker-winning novel-within-a-novel follows two sisters, one of whom dies on page 1.