Only a rapper with Nas’ credibility could release a commercial single with a positive message that takes its melody from Beethoven’s ”Fur Elise” and has a cloying hook sung by a kids’ choir. Thank God’s Son he takes advantage of the opportunity. While these cautionary tales are a bit pedantic, any song that gets hip-hop heads to nod and sing along to lines like ”I know I can/Be what I want to be” shouldn’t be missed.
I Can Only a rapper with Nas' credibility could release a commercial single with a positive message that takes its melody from Beethoven's ''Fur Elise'' and...I CanR&B Only a rapper with Nas' credibility could release a commercial single with a positive message that takes its melody from Beethoven's ''Fur Elise'' and...2003-05-09
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Nas
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Go inside the studio with Janet Jackson in her lyric video for 'No Sleeep'
- Paula Deen fires social media manager responsible for offensive tweet
- 'Star Wars': Han Solo stand-alone movie plots course with 'Lego Movie' directors at the controls
- Amy Schumer, Aziz Ansari to headline Oddball Comedy Fest
- Sonia Manzano remembers 44 years as Maria on Sesame Street
- Albert Hammond, Jr. says the Strokes don't have new music in the works
- Kaitlyn's Bachelorette blog: Ben would be a 'great husband'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!