Only a rapper with Nas’ credibility could release a commercial single with a positive message that takes its melody from Beethoven’s ”Fur Elise” and has a cloying hook sung by a kids’ choir. Thank God’s Son he takes advantage of the opportunity. While these cautionary tales are a bit pedantic, any song that gets hip-hop heads to nod and sing along to lines like ”I know I can/Be what I want to be” shouldn’t be missed.
I Can Only a rapper with Nas' credibility could release a commercial single with a positive message that takes its melody from Beethoven's ''Fur Elise'' and...I CanR&B Only a rapper with Nas' credibility could release a commercial single with a positive message that takes its melody from Beethoven's ''Fur Elise'' and...2003-05-09
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Nas
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!