Some blame ”The Whipped Cream Mixes” – ECC’s 1993 7” that fused Public Enemy with Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass – for spawning the computer-collage ”mash-up” movement. But Committee spokesman Mark Gunderson, a record geek from Columbus, Ohio, is less interested in Frankenstein popcraft than in culture-jamming slapstick. Exhibit A: his follow-up single ”Rocked by Rape,” which arranged countless Dan Rather sound bites into an apocalyptic rap riding a sample from AC/DC’s ”Back in Black.” It’s the money shot on this long-brewing second album, which turns garage-sale detritus, voice-mail jabber, and pop shrapnel into a musical comedy record where the absurd and the sophomoric duke it out. EMBED MATES We hope ECC are working on a postwar ”Rocked by Rape” sequel, featuring CNN’s Aaron Brown.
Plagiarythm Nation Some blame ''The Whipped Cream Mixes'' -- ECC's 1993 7'' that fused Public Enemy with Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass -- for spawning the computer...Plagiarythm Nation Some blame ''The Whipped Cream Mixes'' -- ECC's 1993 7'' that fused Public Enemy with Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass -- for spawning the computer...2003-05-09
Producer (group): Seeland
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!