Some blame ”The Whipped Cream Mixes” – ECC’s 1993 7” that fused Public Enemy with Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass – for spawning the computer-collage ”mash-up” movement. But Committee spokesman Mark Gunderson, a record geek from Columbus, Ohio, is less interested in Frankenstein popcraft than in culture-jamming slapstick. Exhibit A: his follow-up single ”Rocked by Rape,” which arranged countless Dan Rather sound bites into an apocalyptic rap riding a sample from AC/DC’s ”Back in Black.” It’s the money shot on this long-brewing second album, which turns garage-sale detritus, voice-mail jabber, and pop shrapnel into a musical comedy record where the absurd and the sophomoric duke it out. EMBED MATES We hope ECC are working on a postwar ”Rocked by Rape” sequel, featuring CNN’s Aaron Brown.
Plagiarythm Nation Some blame ''The Whipped Cream Mixes'' -- ECC's 1993 7'' that fused Public Enemy with Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass -- for spawning the computer...Plagiarythm Nation Some blame ''The Whipped Cream Mixes'' -- ECC's 1993 7'' that fused Public Enemy with Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass -- for spawning the computer...2003-05-09
Producer (group): Seeland
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- First look at the new 'Ghostbusters' uniforms
- Big Sean's 'Play No Games' video is a spot-on parody of 'Martin'
- Floyd Mayweather, Katy Perry top Forbes' Celebrity 100 list
- Vertigo comic book movies headed to New Line
- Marvel’s 'Ant-Man' L.A. premiere livestream: Watch the red carpet arrivals here at 9 ET/6 PT
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!