Some blame ”The Whipped Cream Mixes” – ECC’s 1993 7” that fused Public Enemy with Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass – for spawning the computer-collage ”mash-up” movement. But Committee spokesman Mark Gunderson, a record geek from Columbus, Ohio, is less interested in Frankenstein popcraft than in culture-jamming slapstick. Exhibit A: his follow-up single ”Rocked by Rape,” which arranged countless Dan Rather sound bites into an apocalyptic rap riding a sample from AC/DC’s ”Back in Black.” It’s the money shot on this long-brewing second album, which turns garage-sale detritus, voice-mail jabber, and pop shrapnel into a musical comedy record where the absurd and the sophomoric duke it out. EMBED MATES We hope ECC are working on a postwar ”Rocked by Rape” sequel, featuring CNN’s Aaron Brown.
Plagiarythm Nation Some blame ''The Whipped Cream Mixes'' -- ECC's 1993 7'' that fused Public Enemy with Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass -- for spawning the computer...Plagiarythm Nation Some blame ''The Whipped Cream Mixes'' -- ECC's 1993 7'' that fused Public Enemy with Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass -- for spawning the computer...2003-05-09
Producer (group): Seeland
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- Ronda Rousey pays tribute to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper
- British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies at 72
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!