”I loved Fiona Apple. Her first record changed my life. She was such a young girl, with this rich low voice and these mature, lived-a-lifetime lyrics. I just wanted to be like her. Her voice, the way that she wrote, and she played piano…. That really inspired me. Prince was my first concert. I was 5. It’s crazy how one person could write so many hits, play so many instruments, have the coolest band, be so little, and have so much bravado.”
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!