”I loved Fiona Apple. Her first record changed my life. She was such a young girl, with this rich low voice and these mature, lived-a-lifetime lyrics. I just wanted to be like her. Her voice, the way that she wrote, and she played piano…. That really inspired me. Prince was my first concert. I was 5. It’s crazy how one person could write so many hits, play so many instruments, have the coolest band, be so little, and have so much bravado.”
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations