”I loved Fiona Apple. Her first record changed my life. She was such a young girl, with this rich low voice and these mature, lived-a-lifetime lyrics. I just wanted to be like her. Her voice, the way that she wrote, and she played piano…. That really inspired me. Prince was my first concert. I was 5. It’s crazy how one person could write so many hits, play so many instruments, have the coolest band, be so little, and have so much bravado.”
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' will be back in theaters this fall
- Meet the Ares 3 crew in new clip from 'The Martian'
- Gillian Flynn returns to some 'Dark Places'
- Tony Hale loves, hates Harry Styles in 'The Comment Section' promo
- Meryl Streep took guitar lesson from Neil Young to prep for 'Ricki and the Flash' role
- One Direction give 'Drag me Down' its televised debut
- How Miles Teller got welcomed to the Marvel universe