”I loved Fiona Apple. Her first record changed my life. She was such a young girl, with this rich low voice and these mature, lived-a-lifetime lyrics. I just wanted to be like her. Her voice, the way that she wrote, and she played piano…. That really inspired me. Prince was my first concert. I was 5. It’s crazy how one person could write so many hits, play so many instruments, have the coolest band, be so little, and have so much bravado.”
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!