”Anyone can sit down and write some boring artistic song,” says Britney Spears. ”Pop music is the hardest s— to write.” Which is what Britney’s hard at work on for her as-yet-untitled fourth album, due this fall. ”The subjects are really out there. It’s about general things that teenagers go through that are real but nobody talks about.” (Unlike her new hair color, which is the source of much debate.) ”I really don’t think that many people from my core audience will get it,” she says of her new material – including one song in which she raps. ”But I would rather somebody either really love it or really hate it. I don’t want anything in between.”
(Britney Spears Photograph by Alex Tehrani)
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!