”Anyone can sit down and write some boring artistic song,” says Britney Spears. ”Pop music is the hardest s— to write.” Which is what Britney’s hard at work on for her as-yet-untitled fourth album, due this fall. ”The subjects are really out there. It’s about general things that teenagers go through that are real but nobody talks about.” (Unlike her new hair color, which is the source of much debate.) ”I really don’t think that many people from my core audience will get it,” she says of her new material – including one song in which she raps. ”But I would rather somebody either really love it or really hate it. I don’t want anything in between.”
(Britney Spears Photograph by Alex Tehrani)
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!