”Anyone can sit down and write some boring artistic song,” says Britney Spears. ”Pop music is the hardest s— to write.” Which is what Britney’s hard at work on for her as-yet-untitled fourth album, due this fall. ”The subjects are really out there. It’s about general things that teenagers go through that are real but nobody talks about.” (Unlike her new hair color, which is the source of much debate.) ”I really don’t think that many people from my core audience will get it,” she says of her new material – including one song in which she raps. ”But I would rather somebody either really love it or really hate it. I don’t want anything in between.”
(Britney Spears Photograph by Alex Tehrani)
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Avengers' star Samuel L. Jackson addresses Marvel vs. DC rivalry
- 'Aquarius' canceled: NBC axes David Duchovny series
- Lance Bass celebrates *NSYNC's 21st birthday with '90s fashion throwback pic
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' reveals first plot details
- Anna Kendrick grieves over 'Great British Baking Show' host departures
- Grumpy Cat makes Broadway debut with the cast of 'Cats'
- 'The Tonight Show': James Marsden sings Kenny Rogers to 'get the girl'