”Anyone can sit down and write some boring artistic song,” says Britney Spears. ”Pop music is the hardest s— to write.” Which is what Britney’s hard at work on for her as-yet-untitled fourth album, due this fall. ”The subjects are really out there. It’s about general things that teenagers go through that are real but nobody talks about.” (Unlike her new hair color, which is the source of much debate.) ”I really don’t think that many people from my core audience will get it,” she says of her new material – including one song in which she raps. ”But I would rather somebody either really love it or really hate it. I don’t want anything in between.”
(Britney Spears Photograph by Alex Tehrani)
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!