”Anyone can sit down and write some boring artistic song,” says Britney Spears. ”Pop music is the hardest s— to write.” Which is what Britney’s hard at work on for her as-yet-untitled fourth album, due this fall. ”The subjects are really out there. It’s about general things that teenagers go through that are real but nobody talks about.” (Unlike her new hair color, which is the source of much debate.) ”I really don’t think that many people from my core audience will get it,” she says of her new material – including one song in which she raps. ”But I would rather somebody either really love it or really hate it. I don’t want anything in between.”
(Britney Spears Photograph by Alex Tehrani)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 2015 iHeartRadio Music Awards: Our 5 favorite moments
- Trevor Noah to replace Jon Stewart as 'Daily Show' host
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln breaks down 'extraordinary' season finale
- 'Walking Dead': Norman Reedus on Daryl's big finale
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!