”Anyone can sit down and write some boring artistic song,” says Britney Spears. ”Pop music is the hardest s— to write.” Which is what Britney’s hard at work on for her as-yet-untitled fourth album, due this fall. ”The subjects are really out there. It’s about general things that teenagers go through that are real but nobody talks about.” (Unlike her new hair color, which is the source of much debate.) ”I really don’t think that many people from my core audience will get it,” she says of her new material – including one song in which she raps. ”But I would rather somebody either really love it or really hate it. I don’t want anything in between.”
(Britney Spears Photograph by Alex Tehrani)
Posted May 9 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nina Dobrev speaks Bulgarian on the 'Late Late Show'
- Pop-country singer Billy Joe Royal dead at 73
- Aaron Sorkin on 'Steve Jobs' portrayal: 'This movie is not a biopic'
- Ariana Grande and 'Victorious' co-star Liz Gillies post kissing video 'by accident'
- Nicki Minaj: Miley Cyrus has 'some big balls' for VMA comments
- Ronda Rousey addresses her dig at Floyd Mayweather on 'The Tonight Show'
- Michaela Watkins on new Hulu comedy 'Casual': 'It's kind of a cool trip'