No real breakthroughs occur in cowriter-director Harold Ramis’ follow-up to his 1999 hit Analyze This. De Niro returns to the brilliantly cast role of troubled Mob boss Paul Vitti: Suddenly a marked man, he gets released early from prison into the custody of his nebbishy shrink (Crystal), who’s assigned to help the mafioso go legit. The sequel is ripe with comedic potential (as Vitti tries his criminal hand at new careers), and real-life Aussie Anthony LaPaglia as the New Yawk-talkin’ Australian star of a Mob drama is a fun catch. But the frequently rough dips into more serious sleep-with-the-fishes territory leave the dramedy unbalanced.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Billy Crystal, Robert De Niro, Lisa Kudrow, Anthony LaPaglia, Cathy Moriarty; Director: Harold Ramis; Author: Harold Ramis, Peter Steinfeld; Release Date Wide: 12/06/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'