No real breakthroughs occur in cowriter-director Harold Ramis’ follow-up to his 1999 hit Analyze This. De Niro returns to the brilliantly cast role of troubled Mob boss Paul Vitti: Suddenly a marked man, he gets released early from prison into the custody of his nebbishy shrink (Crystal), who’s assigned to help the mafioso go legit. The sequel is ripe with comedic potential (as Vitti tries his criminal hand at new careers), and real-life Aussie Anthony LaPaglia as the New Yawk-talkin’ Australian star of a Mob drama is a fun catch. But the frequently rough dips into more serious sleep-with-the-fishes territory leave the dramedy unbalanced.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Billy Crystal, Robert De Niro, Lisa Kudrow, Anthony LaPaglia, Cathy Moriarty; Director: Harold Ramis; Author: Harold Ramis, Peter Steinfeld; Release Date Wide: 12/06/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Monty Python's riotous NYC reunion: 12 craziest moments
- Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9M viewers; best Friday night non-sports TV ratings since '03
- 'Star Wars': Daisy Ridley reveals Rey secrets
- Bruce Jenner E! series to debut in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'