No real breakthroughs occur in cowriter-director Harold Ramis’ follow-up to his 1999 hit Analyze This. De Niro returns to the brilliantly cast role of troubled Mob boss Paul Vitti: Suddenly a marked man, he gets released early from prison into the custody of his nebbishy shrink (Crystal), who’s assigned to help the mafioso go legit. The sequel is ripe with comedic potential (as Vitti tries his criminal hand at new careers), and real-life Aussie Anthony LaPaglia as the New Yawk-talkin’ Australian star of a Mob drama is a fun catch. But the frequently rough dips into more serious sleep-with-the-fishes territory leave the dramedy unbalanced.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Billy Crystal, Robert De Niro, Lisa Kudrow, Anthony LaPaglia, Cathy Moriarty; Director: Harold Ramis; Author: Harold Ramis, Peter Steinfeld; Release Date Wide: 12/06/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln breaks down 'extraordinary' season finale
- 'Walking Dead': Norman Reedus on Daryl's big finale
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside the ID of Maleficent's child
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!