No real breakthroughs occur in cowriter-director Harold Ramis’ follow-up to his 1999 hit Analyze This. De Niro returns to the brilliantly cast role of troubled Mob boss Paul Vitti: Suddenly a marked man, he gets released early from prison into the custody of his nebbishy shrink (Crystal), who’s assigned to help the mafioso go legit. The sequel is ripe with comedic potential (as Vitti tries his criminal hand at new careers), and real-life Aussie Anthony LaPaglia as the New Yawk-talkin’ Australian star of a Mob drama is a fun catch. But the frequently rough dips into more serious sleep-with-the-fishes territory leave the dramedy unbalanced.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Billy Crystal, Robert De Niro, Lisa Kudrow, Anthony LaPaglia, Cathy Moriarty; Director: Harold Ramis; Author: Harold Ramis, Peter Steinfeld; Release Date Wide: 12/06/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!