No real breakthroughs occur in cowriter-director Harold Ramis’ follow-up to his 1999 hit Analyze This. De Niro returns to the brilliantly cast role of troubled Mob boss Paul Vitti: Suddenly a marked man, he gets released early from prison into the custody of his nebbishy shrink (Crystal), who’s assigned to help the mafioso go legit. The sequel is ripe with comedic potential (as Vitti tries his criminal hand at new careers), and real-life Aussie Anthony LaPaglia as the New Yawk-talkin’ Australian star of a Mob drama is a fun catch. But the frequently rough dips into more serious sleep-with-the-fishes territory leave the dramedy unbalanced.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Billy Crystal, Robert De Niro, Lisa Kudrow, Anthony LaPaglia, Cathy Moriarty; Director: Harold Ramis; Author: Harold Ramis, Peter Steinfeld; Release Date Wide: 12/06/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Power': Actress Lela Loren explains how wild scenes were shot
- Justin Timberlake is still doing the Carlton at golf tournaments
- 'The Magicians' season 2: See the premiere's first scene
- Comic-Con: See photos from the Harley Quinn costume contest
- 16 can't-miss Comic-Con Boomerangs from EW's Instagram account
- '24: Legacy' exists in same Jack Bauer universe
- 'Sherlock' Comic-Con panel reveals three key names to tease season 4