After the dishy Kitchen Confidential and his Cook’s Tour of extreme eats, chef/author Bourdain carves up some mystery meat. In a novel owing more to The Sopranos than the Food Network, Bourdain gives us Bobby Gold, a Mob thug with heart – he dispenses Demerol to his victims – and an unexpectedly sophisticated palate. (Preferred late-night nosh: bone marrow on toast.) Not surprisingly, food is all around, from monkfish to ”white f – -ing truffle” risotto; one slimeball is aptly named Eddie Fish. But though a close encounter with a saucy female line cook adds spice, these Stories are more an appetizer than a full meal.
The Bobby Gold Stories After the dishy Kitchen Confidential and his Cook's Tour of extreme eats, chef/author Bourdain carves up some mystery meat. In a novel owing more to The...The Bobby Gold StoriesFictionAnthony Bourdain After the dishy Kitchen Confidential and his Cook's Tour of extreme eats, chef/author Bourdain carves up some mystery meat. In a novel owing more to The...2003-05-16
Genre: Fiction; Author: Anthony Bourdain
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bottoms up! Here's your 'Bachelor in Paradise' drinking game
- New Dirk Gently TV show in the works from Chronicle writer
- See Joseph Gordon-Levitt try Snapchat for the first time
- Director talks about Dr. Dre on the set of 'Straight Outta Compton'
- Chris Pratt wants fans to design his Facebook cover photo
- Lost F. Scott Fitzgerald story to be published after 76 years
- 'Walking Dead' cast on who would die first in a real zombie apocalypse
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!