After the dishy Kitchen Confidential and his Cook’s Tour of extreme eats, chef/author Bourdain carves up some mystery meat. In a novel owing more to The Sopranos than the Food Network, Bourdain gives us Bobby Gold, a Mob thug with heart – he dispenses Demerol to his victims – and an unexpectedly sophisticated palate. (Preferred late-night nosh: bone marrow on toast.) Not surprisingly, food is all around, from monkfish to ”white f – -ing truffle” risotto; one slimeball is aptly named Eddie Fish. But though a close encounter with a saucy female line cook adds spice, these Stories are more an appetizer than a full meal.
The Bobby Gold Stories After the dishy Kitchen Confidential and his Cook's Tour of extreme eats, chef/author Bourdain carves up some mystery meat. In a novel owing more to The...The Bobby Gold StoriesFictionAnthony Bourdain After the dishy Kitchen Confidential and his Cook's Tour of extreme eats, chef/author Bourdain carves up some mystery meat. In a novel owing more to The...2003-05-16
Genre: Fiction; Author: Anthony Bourdain
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch