After the dishy Kitchen Confidential and his Cook’s Tour of extreme eats, chef/author Bourdain carves up some mystery meat. In a novel owing more to The Sopranos than the Food Network, Bourdain gives us Bobby Gold, a Mob thug with heart – he dispenses Demerol to his victims – and an unexpectedly sophisticated palate. (Preferred late-night nosh: bone marrow on toast.) Not surprisingly, food is all around, from monkfish to ”white f – -ing truffle” risotto; one slimeball is aptly named Eddie Fish. But though a close encounter with a saucy female line cook adds spice, these Stories are more an appetizer than a full meal.
The Bobby Gold Stories After the dishy Kitchen Confidential and his Cook's Tour of extreme eats, chef/author Bourdain carves up some mystery meat. In a novel owing more to The...The Bobby Gold StoriesFictionAnthony Bourdain After the dishy Kitchen Confidential and his Cook's Tour of extreme eats, chef/author Bourdain carves up some mystery meat. In a novel owing more to The...2003-05-16
Genre: Fiction; Author: Anthony Bourdain
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!