The notion of Matt Dillon making his directorial debut with a Graham Greene-style mystery set in Cambodia sounded like a joke. The joke, however, is on anyone with lowered expectations. City of Ghosts is a supple, intriguing, and beautifully staged movie. It features Dillon, in his most forceful performance since ”Drugstore Cowboy,” as a scoundrel with a guilty heart.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: James Caan, Matt Dillon, Natascha McElhone, Gerard Depardieu, Stellan Skarsgard; Director: Matt Dillon; Author: Matt Dillon, Barry Gifford, Michael Jones; Release Date Limited: 04/25/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 117; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: United Artists (MGM)
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Breaking Bad' actor calls for more people with disabilities in Hollywood
- WATCH: Exclusive clip from 'Light Between Oceans'
- Stars put Jimmy Fallon to shame in dramatic game of Musical Beers
- The Must List: Sunday's VMAs, new Frank Ocean, and more
- Dave Grohl and Prophets of Rage cover the MC5's 'Kick Out the Jams'
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, 'Seinfeld' cast 'bonked' by Jimmy Fallon
- Seth Meyers revises offer for Donald Trump show 'Chicago President'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...