The notion of Matt Dillon making his directorial debut with a Graham Greene-style mystery set in Cambodia sounded like a joke. The joke, however, is on anyone with lowered expectations. City of Ghosts is a supple, intriguing, and beautifully staged movie. It features Dillon, in his most forceful performance since ”Drugstore Cowboy,” as a scoundrel with a guilty heart.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: James Caan, Matt Dillon, Natascha McElhone, Gerard Depardieu, Stellan Skarsgard; Director: Matt Dillon; Author: Matt Dillon, Barry Gifford, Michael Jones; Runtime (in minutes): 117; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: United Artists (MGM)
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas' 'Trust You': Hear it, get scoop on new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!