The notion of Matt Dillon making his directorial debut with a Graham Greene-style mystery set in Cambodia sounded like a joke. The joke, however, is on anyone with lowered expectations. City of Ghosts is a supple, intriguing, and beautifully staged movie. It features Dillon, in his most forceful performance since ”Drugstore Cowboy,” as a scoundrel with a guilty heart.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: James Caan, Matt Dillon, Natascha McElhone, Gerard Depardieu, Stellan Skarsgard; Director: Matt Dillon; Author: Matt Dillon, Barry Gifford, Michael Jones; Runtime (in minutes): 117; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: United Artists (MGM)
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?