The notion of Matt Dillon making his directorial debut with a Graham Greene-style mystery set in Cambodia sounded like a joke. The joke, however, is on anyone with lowered expectations. City of Ghosts is a supple, intriguing, and beautifully staged movie. It features Dillon, in his most forceful performance since ”Drugstore Cowboy,” as a scoundrel with a guilty heart.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: James Caan, Matt Dillon, Natascha McElhone, Gerard Depardieu, Stellan Skarsgard; Director: Matt Dillon; Author: Matt Dillon, Barry Gifford, Michael Jones; Runtime (in minutes): 117; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: United Artists (MGM)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Drake stunts on remix of Fetty Wap cut 'My Way'
- Miguel faces lawsuit from victim of his failed Billboard Music Awards leap
- Syfy and Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television developing 'Brave New World' series
- 'Nick Arcade' creators reunite for new game show on Kickstarter
- 'Criminal Minds' finale sneak peek: Will the BAU find Kate's daughter?
- 'Once Upon a Time' finale first look: Who's going to die?
- Chipotle essay contest for students lets winners get published -- on Chipotle cups
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!