”You can’t get bigger than me,” marvels subject Jerry Seinfeld during a nightclub routine, ”and look, I’m still s – -.” You have to wonder whether that’s just a way for this master of self-deprecation to massage his ego – but that said, Christian Charles’ breezy documentary, which intercuts Seinfeld’s attempt to develop a new stand-up act with the antics of an up-and-coming goofball named Orny Adams, offers an unexpectedly sympathetic look at a celebrated zillionaire while giving a fresh, candid glimpse into the mechanics of his profession.
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Jerry Seinfeld, Orny Adams; Guest Performer: Bill Cosby, Kevin Nealon, Robert Klein, Jay Leno, Colin Quinn, Chris Rock, Garry Shandling; Director: Christian Charles; Release Date Limited: 10/11/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!