”You can’t get bigger than me,” marvels subject Jerry Seinfeld during a nightclub routine, ”and look, I’m still s – -.” You have to wonder whether that’s just a way for this master of self-deprecation to massage his ego – but that said, Christian Charles’ breezy documentary, which intercuts Seinfeld’s attempt to develop a new stand-up act with the antics of an up-and-coming goofball named Orny Adams, offers an unexpectedly sympathetic look at a celebrated zillionaire while giving a fresh, candid glimpse into the mechanics of his profession.
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Jerry Seinfeld, Orny Adams; Guest Performer: Bill Cosby, Kevin Nealon, Robert Klein, Jay Leno, Colin Quinn, Chris Rock, Garry Shandling; Director: Christian Charles; Release Date Limited: 10/11/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel