”You can’t get bigger than me,” marvels subject Jerry Seinfeld during a nightclub routine, ”and look, I’m still s – -.” You have to wonder whether that’s just a way for this master of self-deprecation to massage his ego – but that said, Christian Charles’ breezy documentary, which intercuts Seinfeld’s attempt to develop a new stand-up act with the antics of an up-and-coming goofball named Orny Adams, offers an unexpectedly sympathetic look at a celebrated zillionaire while giving a fresh, candid glimpse into the mechanics of his profession.
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Jerry Seinfeld, Orny Adams; Guest Performer: Bill Cosby, Kevin Nealon, Robert Klein, Jay Leno, Colin Quinn, Chris Rock, Garry Shandling; Director: Christian Charles; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!