”You can’t get bigger than me,” marvels subject Jerry Seinfeld during a nightclub routine, ”and look, I’m still s – -.” You have to wonder whether that’s just a way for this master of self-deprecation to massage his ego – but that said, Christian Charles’ breezy documentary, which intercuts Seinfeld’s attempt to develop a new stand-up act with the antics of an up-and-coming goofball named Orny Adams, offers an unexpectedly sympathetic look at a celebrated zillionaire while giving a fresh, candid glimpse into the mechanics of his profession.
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Jerry Seinfeld, Orny Adams; Guest Performer: Bill Cosby, Kevin Nealon, Robert Klein, Jay Leno, Colin Quinn, Chris Rock, Garry Shandling; Director: Christian Charles; Release Date Limited: 10/11/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss on that shocking Annalise news
- No Doubt is filling Gwen Stefani's spot with AFI frontman Davey Havok
- See Kerry Washington as Anita Hill in first trailer for 'Confirmation'
- Fox orders 'Lethal Weapon' pilot starring Damon Wayans
- See the first trailer for Cameron Crowe's Showtime comedy 'Roadies'
- 'Night Manager' trailer: Tom Hiddleston & Hugh Laurie team for AMC miniseries
- What To Watch This Weekend: 'Vinyl' wants to rock your Sunday