”You can’t get bigger than me,” marvels subject Jerry Seinfeld during a nightclub routine, ”and look, I’m still s – -.” You have to wonder whether that’s just a way for this master of self-deprecation to massage his ego – but that said, Christian Charles’ breezy documentary, which intercuts Seinfeld’s attempt to develop a new stand-up act with the antics of an up-and-coming goofball named Orny Adams, offers an unexpectedly sympathetic look at a celebrated zillionaire while giving a fresh, candid glimpse into the mechanics of his profession.
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Jerry Seinfeld, Orny Adams; Guest Performer: Bill Cosby, Kevin Nealon, Robert Klein, Jay Leno, Colin Quinn, Chris Rock, Garry Shandling; Director: Christian Charles; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!