Even if you think that no one could possibly tell you anything about the American film renaissance of the 1970s that you didn’t already know, it’s still an intoxicating pleasure to experience this documentary codirected by Richard LaGravenese and the late Ted Demme. A perceptive, detailed, and altogether yeasty piece of nostalgia, the movie looks back on an era when entertainment and reality weren’t regarded as mortal enemies.
Genre: Documentary; Guest Performer: Robert Altman, Peter Bogdanovich, Ellen Burstyn, Julie Christie, Francis Ford Coppola, Clint Eastwood, Milos Forman, William Friedkin, Dennis Hopper, Roger Corman, Martin Scorsese; Director: Ted Demme, Richard LaGravenese; Release Date Limited: 04/25/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Mummy': Tom Cruise, Annabelle Wallis pose for set photo
- 'Fast and Furious' cast congratulates Vin Diesel on Facebook milestone
- 'Teen Wolf' star Tyler Posey apologizes for 'Gay Street' Snapchat
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': Go inside the opening gala
- J.K. Rowling meets 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' cast in photo
- 'Fast and Furious 8': Dwayne Johnson dives for cover in new set video
- Kanye West on Apple's talks with Tidal: 'Let the kids have the music'