Even if you think that no one could possibly tell you anything about the American film renaissance of the 1970s that you didn’t already know, it’s still an intoxicating pleasure to experience this documentary codirected by Richard LaGravenese and the late Ted Demme. A perceptive, detailed, and altogether yeasty piece of nostalgia, the movie looks back on an era when entertainment and reality weren’t regarded as mortal enemies.
Genre: Documentary; Guest Performer: Robert Altman, Peter Bogdanovich, Ellen Burstyn, Julie Christie, Francis Ford Coppola, Clint Eastwood, Milos Forman, William Friedkin, Dennis Hopper, Roger Corman, Martin Scorsese; Director: Ted Demme, Richard LaGravenese; Release Date Limited: 04/25/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 7 first-listen highlights from Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo'
- See Justin Timberlake dance 'The Carlton' with Alfonso Ribeiro
- 'Ghostbusters' teaser shows first footage, announces trailer date
- See Jennifer Lawrence rock out at Adele's Los Angeles concert
- Ryan Reynolds helps young 'Deadpool' fan battling cancer
- See Leslie Jones describe her perfect man on 'SNL'
- 'Spotlight,' 'Mad Men,' 'The Big Short' win big at WGA Awards