Even if you think that no one could possibly tell you anything about the American film renaissance of the 1970s that you didn’t already know, it’s still an intoxicating pleasure to experience this documentary codirected by Richard LaGravenese and the late Ted Demme. A perceptive, detailed, and altogether yeasty piece of nostalgia, the movie looks back on an era when entertainment and reality weren’t regarded as mortal enemies.
Genre: Documentary; Guest Performer: Robert Altman, Peter Bogdanovich, Ellen Burstyn, Julie Christie, Francis Ford Coppola, Clint Eastwood, Milos Forman, William Friedkin, Dennis Hopper, Roger Corman, Martin Scorsese; Director: Ted Demme, Richard LaGravenese; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters