The genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn’t exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists –let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead singer of gloomy Arkansas rockers Evanescence, is an exception. But her pure soprano and sharp hooks are too often swamped by the goofy, gothic melodrama of Fallen’s lyrics (”I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge”) and arrangements (enough with the medieval choirs, already).
FallenThe genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn't exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists --let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead...FallenThe genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn't exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists --let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead...2003-05-16
(Evanescence: Robert Millard/ZUMA Press/NewsCom)
Producer (group): Wind-Up
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!