The genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn’t exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists –let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead singer of gloomy Arkansas rockers Evanescence, is an exception. But her pure soprano and sharp hooks are too often swamped by the goofy, gothic melodrama of Fallen’s lyrics (”I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge”) and arrangements (enough with the medieval choirs, already).
FallenThe genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn't exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists --let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead...FallenThe genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn't exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists --let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead...2003-05-16
(Evanescence: Robert Millard/ZUMA Press/NewsCom)
Producer (group): Wind-Up
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!