The genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn’t exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists –let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead singer of gloomy Arkansas rockers Evanescence, is an exception. But her pure soprano and sharp hooks are too often swamped by the goofy, gothic melodrama of Fallen’s lyrics (”I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge”) and arrangements (enough with the medieval choirs, already).
FallenThe genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn't exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists --let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead...FallenThe genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn't exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists --let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead...2003-05-16
(Evanescence: Robert Millard/ZUMA Press/NewsCom)
Producer (group): Wind-Up
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth' season finale: Will Forte on THAT ending--and what's next
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling apologizes to fans for a 'Harry Potter' character's death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!