The genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn’t exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists –let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead singer of gloomy Arkansas rockers Evanescence, is an exception. But her pure soprano and sharp hooks are too often swamped by the goofy, gothic melodrama of Fallen’s lyrics (”I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge”) and arrangements (enough with the medieval choirs, already).
FallenThe genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn't exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists --let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead...FallenThe genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn't exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists --let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead...2003-05-16
(Evanescence: Robert Millard/ZUMA Press/NewsCom)
Producer (group): Wind-Up
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lee Daniels makes impassioned plea for gun control reform at DNC
- Schwarzenegger takes on climate change in James Cameron's DNC video
- Will Jessica Jones appear on 'Luke Cage'?
- John Malkovich to headline TV adaptation of 'Humboldt' crime novels
- 'Lights Out' sequel is in early stages at New Line
- 'Ghostbusters' Twitter account endorses Hillary Clinton: '#ImWithHer'
- Brie Larson opens up about 'nerve-racking' Captain Marvel reveal
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels