The genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn’t exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists –let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead singer of gloomy Arkansas rockers Evanescence, is an exception. But her pure soprano and sharp hooks are too often swamped by the goofy, gothic melodrama of Fallen’s lyrics (”I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge”) and arrangements (enough with the medieval choirs, already).
FallenThe genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn't exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists --let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead...FallenThe genre now too old to be called nü-metal isn't exactly overflowing with spine-tinglingly great vocalists --let alone female ones. Amy Lee, lead...2003-05-16
(Evanescence: Robert Millard/ZUMA Press/NewsCom)
Producer (group): Wind-Up
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Timberlake's illegal voting booth selfie is 'under review'
- 'This Is Us' preview: Creator Dan Fogelman on 'The Game Plan'
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid perform Justin Bieber's 'Baby'
- Bob Saget teases 'Fuller House' Thanksgiving episode with new photo
- Donald Trump says he has ‘no interest’ in Trump TV
- Australian 'Bachelor' contestants fall in love with each other
- Amy Schumer responds to backlash from 'Formation' parody video
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop