After inheriting $22 million, criminal lawyer Andy Carpenter can’t get motivated to take a case – until his PI girlfriend is accused of decapitating a sleazy cop she used to work with. His consuming search for the truth takes him to pimps, drug dealers, FBI big shots, and the ranks of the North Jersey Mob. This textbook legal thriller boasts a solid setup with suspense just where you want it, humor just when you need it, and twists just when you’re getting bored. Plus, Carpenter is a breezily self-deprecating narrator whose sarcasm only occasionally feels strained. Though sometimes explaining too much for any semi-regular viewer of Law & Order, Rosenfelt exploits the inherent drama of the legal process.
First Degree After inheriting $22 million, criminal lawyer Andy Carpenter can't get motivated to take a case -- until his PI girlfriend is accused of decapitating...First DegreeMystery and ThrillerR After inheriting $22 million, criminal lawyer Andy Carpenter can't get motivated to take a case -- until his PI girlfriend is accused of decapitating...2003-05-16
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Leslie Hope, Rob Lowe; Director: Jeff Woolnough; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Once Upon a Time' reveals what happened to Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards 2015: And the winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!