After inheriting $22 million, criminal lawyer Andy Carpenter can’t get motivated to take a case – until his PI girlfriend is accused of decapitating a sleazy cop she used to work with. His consuming search for the truth takes him to pimps, drug dealers, FBI big shots, and the ranks of the North Jersey Mob. This textbook legal thriller boasts a solid setup with suspense just where you want it, humor just when you need it, and twists just when you’re getting bored. Plus, Carpenter is a breezily self-deprecating narrator whose sarcasm only occasionally feels strained. Though sometimes explaining too much for any semi-regular viewer of Law & Order, Rosenfelt exploits the inherent drama of the legal process.
First Degree After inheriting $22 million, criminal lawyer Andy Carpenter can't get motivated to take a case -- until his PI girlfriend is accused of decapitating...First DegreeMystery and ThrillerR After inheriting $22 million, criminal lawyer Andy Carpenter can't get motivated to take a case -- until his PI girlfriend is accused of decapitating...2003-05-16
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Leslie Hope, Rob Lowe; Director: Jeff Woolnough; MPAA Rating: R
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Spotify reveals most streamed artist of the year
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'