UNDERTOW To find the perfect Southern rebel for David Gordon Green’s film Undertow (coming in 2004), producers went deep into the heart of…England? That’s right, y’all, British-born dancing king Jamie Bell (Billy Elliot) has gone Dixie. Currently shooting in Savannah, Ga., with Dermot Mulroney and Josh Lucas, the 17-year-old plays a troubled teen on the run from his maniacal uncle (Lucas). ”It’s dramatic, adventurous, romantic, and touching,” says Bell. ”And on top of all that, you get to see me pull off a convincing American accent…or at least I hope it’s convincing.”
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss teases new Murder Night and more
- Kanye West reveals final track list for album now named 'The Life of Pablo'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Deadpool' star Ryan Reynolds reveals when he feels his sexiest
- Brenda Strong compares her 'Desperate Housewives' and 'The 100' characters
- See Arcade Fire's David Bowie tribute parade
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds’ daughter had cutest reaction to Super Bowl ad
- Get your first look at 'The Flash'-'Supergirl’ crossover
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday