UNDERTOW To find the perfect Southern rebel for David Gordon Green’s film Undertow (coming in 2004), producers went deep into the heart of…England? That’s right, y’all, British-born dancing king Jamie Bell (Billy Elliot) has gone Dixie. Currently shooting in Savannah, Ga., with Dermot Mulroney and Josh Lucas, the 17-year-old plays a troubled teen on the run from his maniacal uncle (Lucas). ”It’s dramatic, adventurous, romantic, and touching,” says Bell. ”And on top of all that, you get to see me pull off a convincing American accent…or at least I hope it’s convincing.”
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel