UNDERTOW To find the perfect Southern rebel for David Gordon Green’s film Undertow (coming in 2004), producers went deep into the heart of…England? That’s right, y’all, British-born dancing king Jamie Bell (Billy Elliot) has gone Dixie. Currently shooting in Savannah, Ga., with Dermot Mulroney and Josh Lucas, the 17-year-old plays a troubled teen on the run from his maniacal uncle (Lucas). ”It’s dramatic, adventurous, romantic, and touching,” says Bell. ”And on top of all that, you get to see me pull off a convincing American accent…or at least I hope it’s convincing.”
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!