UNDERTOW To find the perfect Southern rebel for David Gordon Green’s film Undertow (coming in 2004), producers went deep into the heart of…England? That’s right, y’all, British-born dancing king Jamie Bell (Billy Elliot) has gone Dixie. Currently shooting in Savannah, Ga., with Dermot Mulroney and Josh Lucas, the 17-year-old plays a troubled teen on the run from his maniacal uncle (Lucas). ”It’s dramatic, adventurous, romantic, and touching,” says Bell. ”And on top of all that, you get to see me pull off a convincing American accent…or at least I hope it’s convincing.”
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'witch noir' comic 'Black Magick' casts a spell -- exclusive first look
- Ben Affleck on being cast as Batman: 'My first reaction was, 'Are you sure?''
- 'Maze Runner': Dylan O'Brien in new 'Scorch Trials' photo
- 13 reasons why 'Fast & Furious 6' has the greatest barbecue
Shark Week 2015:
Eli Roth previews Shark After Dark
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Agent Carter,' 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'You’re the Worst' and more
- Tracy Morgan visits Disney to celebrate daughter's birthday
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!