Philip Seymour Hoffman, at his obsessive best, plays a fubsy assistant bank manager in gray-skied Toronto who is also a closet gambler. He keeps deepening the hole he’s in, yet that’s the trigger for his high. Set in the ’80s, the movie is based on a true story, and director Richard Kwietniowski stages it as a real-life fairy tale riddled with pinpricks of dread.
Genre: Comedy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Minnie Driver, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Maury Chakin, John Hurt, Sonja Smits; Director: Richard Kwietniowski; Author: Maurice Chauvet, Richard Kwietniowski; Release Date Limited: 05/02/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 107; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday