When it comes to comics about self-obsessed cartoonists and their possessive romances, if you’ve read one, you’ve read them all. So consider Stylish Vittles, nominated for an Eisner award (one of comic-dom’s highest honors), an essential genre summary. With storytelling that’s both sloppy and inventive, writer-artist Tyler Page methodically unspools a rich and endearing chronicle of his relationship with a cute-and-brainy type during his senior year of college. The beat-by-beat expansiveness of Page’s enterprise (nearly 400 pages to date) can be tedious. Fortunately, Vittles has charm to burn.
Stylish Vittles When it comes to comics about self-obsessed cartoonists and their possessive romances, if you've read one, you've read them all. So consider Stylish...Stylish VittlesTyler Page When it comes to comics about self-obsessed cartoonists and their possessive romances, if you've read one, you've read them all. So consider Stylish...2003-05-16
Author: Tyler Page
Posted May 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Trevor Noah says his The Daily Show will focus less on Fox News
- Trevor Noah to keep Jon Stewart's 'Daily Show' producers
- 'Supergirl' taps 'Sons of Anarchy' alum as DC Comics villain Reactron
- Carly Rae Jepsen rewrites 'I Really Like You' for 'Comedy Bang! Bang!'
- Ice Cube says Dr. Dre is dropping a new album on Aug. 1
- New 'Faking It' trailer features a steamy Karmy kiss
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!