Even though Clay Aiken lost on ”American Idol,” he’s beating Ruben Studdard on one front: the sales chart on Amazon.com. Thanks to preorders, Clay’s forthcoming single, ”This Is the Night/On the Wings of Love,” is the best-selling music item in the entire online store. Meanwhile, Ruben’s ”Flying Without Wings/Superstar” comes in at No. 7, behind such established acts as Norah Jones and Staind (see the chart). Apparently, this doesn’t mean that Clay has more voting fans than Ruben – just more fans with Internet access and credit cards. But, really, there ARE no losers here. Ruben’s CD single will hit stores June 3, while Clay’s will drop June 10.
Posted May 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!