Even though Clay Aiken lost on ”American Idol,” he’s beating Ruben Studdard on one front: the sales chart on Amazon.com. Thanks to preorders, Clay’s forthcoming single, ”This Is the Night/On the Wings of Love,” is the best-selling music item in the entire online store. Meanwhile, Ruben’s ”Flying Without Wings/Superstar” comes in at No. 7, behind such established acts as Norah Jones and Staind (see the chart). Apparently, this doesn’t mean that Clay has more voting fans than Ruben – just more fans with Internet access and credit cards. But, really, there ARE no losers here. Ruben’s CD single will hit stores June 3, while Clay’s will drop June 10.
Posted May 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt