Even though Clay Aiken lost on ”American Idol,” he’s beating Ruben Studdard on one front: the sales chart on Amazon.com. Thanks to preorders, Clay’s forthcoming single, ”This Is the Night/On the Wings of Love,” is the best-selling music item in the entire online store. Meanwhile, Ruben’s ”Flying Without Wings/Superstar” comes in at No. 7, behind such established acts as Norah Jones and Staind (see the chart). Apparently, this doesn’t mean that Clay has more voting fans than Ruben – just more fans with Internet access and credit cards. But, really, there ARE no losers here. Ruben’s CD single will hit stores June 3, while Clay’s will drop June 10.
Posted May 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Isis King is 'the Kate Moss of the trans models' in 'Strut' finale clip