Even though Clay Aiken lost on ”American Idol,” he’s beating Ruben Studdard on one front: the sales chart on Amazon.com. Thanks to preorders, Clay’s forthcoming single, ”This Is the Night/On the Wings of Love,” is the best-selling music item in the entire online store. Meanwhile, Ruben’s ”Flying Without Wings/Superstar” comes in at No. 7, behind such established acts as Norah Jones and Staind (see the chart). Apparently, this doesn’t mean that Clay has more voting fans than Ruben – just more fans with Internet access and credit cards. But, really, there ARE no losers here. Ruben’s CD single will hit stores June 3, while Clay’s will drop June 10.
Posted May 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50