Set in the fabulously catty world of glossy women’s magazines, Kate White’s first mystery, ”If Looks Could Kill,” was a cheeky, well-received romp. Her sophomore effort, A Body to Die For, again starring no-nonsense (and often horny) reporter Bailey Weggins, revisits familiar territory, this time a murder in a luxe Massachusetts spa. White, the editor in chief of Cosmopolitan, details the finer points of Ayurvedic treatments and sento baths with an insider’s assuredness. And even non-Cosmo readers can appreciate the scandalous twists: ”Happy ending” massages! Teenage sex! Death by seaweed wrap! As fun and frivolous as a champagne facial.
A Body to Die ForSet in the fabulously catty world of glossy women's magazines, Kate White's first mystery, ''If Looks Could Kill,'' was a cheeky, well-received romp. Her...A Body to Die ForFictionKate WhiteSet in the fabulously catty world of glossy women's magazines, Kate White's first mystery, ''If Looks Could Kill,'' was a cheeky, well-received romp. Her...2003-05-23Warner Books
Genre: Fiction; Author: Kate White; Publisher: Warner Books
Posted May 23 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!