It’s all about the blossoming when Lilia (Abbass), a lonely Tunisian widow, finds herself drawn to the world of belly dancing at a nearby cabaret. Yet her sudden contrived transition from repression to release might ring untrue if not for the quiet passion of Abbass’ performance. Whether letting loose on the dance floor, giving in to a one-night stand, or simply buying a new pair of shoes, her Lilia comes vibrantly alive while barely saying a word. The joy is all in her face – and in her undulating body.
Genre: Musical, Drama; Starring: Hiyam Abbass, Hend El Fahem, Faouzia Badr, Monia Hichri, Maher Kamoun; Director: Raja Amari; Author: Raja Amari; Release Date Limited: 08/23/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Zeitgeist Films
Posted May 23 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!