Dennis Coles doesn’t rap – he squeals and sobs, riding associative streams of ghetto hieroglyphics so knotted they’d make James Joyce’s head spin. This hits collection spotlights the Wu-Tanger’s brilliant attention to detail and his roughneck sensitivity: ”Camay” offsets round-the-way romance tales with spooky piano tinkles, while the nostalgic ”Child’s Play” is rich, RZA-soul bliss. Other experiments with R&B accompaniment chafe, but Ghost transcends even the blandest gloss with histrionic fire.
Shaolin's Finest Dennis Coles doesn't rap -- he squeals and sobs, riding associative streams of ghetto hieroglyphics so knotted they'd make James Joyce's head spin....Shaolin's FinestReissues, Hip-Hop/Rap Dennis Coles doesn't rap -- he squeals and sobs, riding associative streams of ghetto hieroglyphics so knotted they'd make James Joyce's head spin....2003-05-23
Genre: Reissues, Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Ghostface Killah
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at gospel event
- Angelina Jolie at Kids Choice Awards
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!