At this point, the ”Star Trek” films could coast on sheer familiarity. It’s nice simply to see the Enterprise’s homey silhouette flitting among the stars, and to watch Captain Picard (Patrick Stewart) baldly leading his well-worn crew where we’ve all gone before. So, even if the story this time around weren’t as sharp as it is – about a Jean-Luc clone (Tom Hardy) bent on conquering Romulus and destroying Earth – Star Trek: Nemesis would still make for the perfect Saturday-night diversion. Bonus: Computer effects seem to have finally gotten cheaper than sets, so now there are more cool space battles than crappy fake planets.
(Star Trek: Sam Emerson)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, Patrick Stewart, Whoopi Goldberg, Tom Hardy, Gates McFadden, Kate Mulgrew, Marina Sirtis, Wil Wheaton; Director: Stuart Baird; Author: John Logan; Release Date Wide: 12/13/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 117; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted May 23 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!