Pedro Almodóvar won the Best Original Screenplay Oscar for Talk to Her, his moving story about the unlikely friendship of Benigno (Javier Cámara) and Marco (Darío Grandinetti), two men in love with women in comas. The Academy got it right. Seamlessly weaving themes of loyalty, loneliness, and love, the movie pulsates with a richness not just of story and character, but of music as well (Caetano Veloso’s ”Cucurrucucú Paloma” is mesmerizing). Who but Almodóvar could combine bullfights, sponge baths, and ballet with such sincerity?
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Javier Camara, Dario Grandinetti, Geraldine Chaplin, Rosario Flores, Leonor Watling; Director: Pedro Almodovar; Author: Pedro Almodovar; Release Date Limited: 11/22/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted May 27 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barbra Streisand and Jimmy Fallon yell at Siri
- Young Thug name checks Harambe, Kanye West in first project as Jeffery
- Kerry Washington sees the horror in group texts
- Barbra Streisand duets with 'Donald Trump' on 'The Tonight Show'
- What to Watch This Weekend: Find out who did what on 'The Night Of'
- Tim Kaine rocks the harmonica on 'The Late Show'
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears, James Corden sing 'Baby One More Time'