Pedro Almodóvar won the Best Original Screenplay Oscar for Talk to Her, his moving story about the unlikely friendship of Benigno (Javier Cámara) and Marco (Darío Grandinetti), two men in love with women in comas. The Academy got it right. Seamlessly weaving themes of loyalty, loneliness, and love, the movie pulsates with a richness not just of story and character, but of music as well (Caetano Veloso’s ”Cucurrucucú Paloma” is mesmerizing). Who but Almodóvar could combine bullfights, sponge baths, and ballet with such sincerity?
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Javier Camara, Dario Grandinetti, Geraldine Chaplin, Rosario Flores, Leonor Watling; Director: Pedro Almodovar; Author: Pedro Almodovar; Release Date Limited: 11/22/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted May 27 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!