Pedro Almodóvar won the Best Original Screenplay Oscar for Talk to Her, his moving story about the unlikely friendship of Benigno (Javier Cámara) and Marco (Darío Grandinetti), two men in love with women in comas. The Academy got it right. Seamlessly weaving themes of loyalty, loneliness, and love, the movie pulsates with a richness not just of story and character, but of music as well (Caetano Veloso’s ”Cucurrucucú Paloma” is mesmerizing). Who but Almodóvar could combine bullfights, sponge baths, and ballet with such sincerity?
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Javier Camara, Dario Grandinetti, Geraldine Chaplin, Rosario Flores, Leonor Watling; Director: Pedro Almodovar; Author: Pedro Almodovar; Release Date Limited: 11/22/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted May 27 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate McKinnon's Angela Merkel mocks Trump on 'SNL'
- 'SNL' shows the world through Donald Trump's eyes
- Bryan Cranston brings back Walter White for 'SNL' Trump sketch
- The first reactions to 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' are here
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage