The Canadian filmmaker Guy Maddin is a modern rhapsodist of the silent-movie age. Here, however, he creates a facsimile of the herky-jerky gothic style of Nosferatu, only to wrap these gorgeous atmospherics around…a ballet film. The result is a feature-length antique-bloodsucker video, one that takes hold neither as dance nor as silent horror dream.
Genre: Horror, Musical; Starring: Tara Birtwhistle, Zhang Wei-Qiang; Director: Guy Maddin; Author: Mark Godden; Release Date Limited: 05/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 75; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Zeitgeist Films
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ann Coulter slammed at Rob Lowe roast for conservative views
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good