The Canadian filmmaker Guy Maddin is a modern rhapsodist of the silent-movie age. Here, however, he creates a facsimile of the herky-jerky gothic style of Nosferatu, only to wrap these gorgeous atmospherics around…a ballet film. The result is a feature-length antique-bloodsucker video, one that takes hold neither as dance nor as silent horror dream.
Genre: Horror, Musical; Starring: Tara Birtwhistle, Zhang Wei-Qiang; Director: Guy Maddin; Author: Mark Godden; Release Date Limited: 05/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 75; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Zeitgeist Films
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- David Strathairn and Uzo Aduba join 'American Pastoral'
- Joey + Rory share powerful video for 'Softly and Tenderly'
- Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger announce separation
- Stephen Colbert to interview J.J. Abrams at festival
- 'The Daily Show' adds three new correspondents for Trevor Noah
- E! to air Joan Rivers tribute on one-year anniversary of her death
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!