For Frontin’, the first single off their upcoming compilation, platinum producers the Neptunes do their the-sparser-the-better, hit-or-miss melody thing over typical thumps. Singing silly lead, Pharrell does his tiresome, freaky falsetto thing for, presumably, the ladies. But then, surprisingly, guest rapper Jay-Z’s smarmy-smooth, player-for-life thing segues into some seemingly heartfelt settle-down sentiment (Holla back, Beyoncé!). Guess sometimes things DO change.
(Pharell Williams: Nicholas Burnham/Retna)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Pharrell Williams; Guest Performer: Jay-Z; Producer (group): Star Trak, Virgin
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!