In a bid for leading-man stardom, Almost Famous’ Lee sheds his sly, offbeat charm to play the kind of humiliation-prone boob Ben Stiller can now do blindfolded. Engaged to schoolmarmish Karen (Selma Blair), Lee’s pasty Paul wakes up in bed post-bachelor party with a kooky tiki dancer (Stiles). Lee stumbles through a string of increasingly senseless scenarios (diarrhea! crabs! drug arrest!), while Stiles does her eye-rolling best with a woefully cliche-riddled script. Add to that a totally implausible ending, and it’s just A Bad Thing.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Jason Lee, Julia Stiles, Selma Blair, James Brolin, Julie Hagerty, Shawn Hatosy; Director: Chris Koch; Author: Greg Glienna; Release Date Wide: 01/17/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten talks nude scenes, the Red Woman's agenda (spoiler-free)
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling apologizes to fans for a 'Harry Potter' character's death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' earns $187.7M at weekend box office, second-best U.S. debut ever
- Spice Girls reunite at David Beckham's birthday
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!