In a bid for leading-man stardom, Almost Famous’ Lee sheds his sly, offbeat charm to play the kind of humiliation-prone boob Ben Stiller can now do blindfolded. Engaged to schoolmarmish Karen (Selma Blair), Lee’s pasty Paul wakes up in bed post-bachelor party with a kooky tiki dancer (Stiles). Lee stumbles through a string of increasingly senseless scenarios (diarrhea! crabs! drug arrest!), while Stiles does her eye-rolling best with a woefully cliche-riddled script. Add to that a totally implausible ending, and it’s just A Bad Thing.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Jason Lee, Julia Stiles, Selma Blair, James Brolin, Julie Hagerty, Shawn Hatosy; Director: Chris Koch; Author: Greg Glienna; Release Date Wide: 01/17/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!