In a bid for leading-man stardom, Almost Famous’ Lee sheds his sly, offbeat charm to play the kind of humiliation-prone boob Ben Stiller can now do blindfolded. Engaged to schoolmarmish Karen (Selma Blair), Lee’s pasty Paul wakes up in bed post-bachelor party with a kooky tiki dancer (Stiles). Lee stumbles through a string of increasingly senseless scenarios (diarrhea! crabs! drug arrest!), while Stiles does her eye-rolling best with a woefully cliche-riddled script. Add to that a totally implausible ending, and it’s just A Bad Thing.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Jason Lee, Julia Stiles, Selma Blair, James Brolin, Julie Hagerty, Shawn Hatosy; Director: Chris Koch; Author: Greg Glienna; Release Date Wide: 01/17/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors