In a bid for leading-man stardom, Almost Famous’ Lee sheds his sly, offbeat charm to play the kind of humiliation-prone boob Ben Stiller can now do blindfolded. Engaged to schoolmarmish Karen (Selma Blair), Lee’s pasty Paul wakes up in bed post-bachelor party with a kooky tiki dancer (Stiles). Lee stumbles through a string of increasingly senseless scenarios (diarrhea! crabs! drug arrest!), while Stiles does her eye-rolling best with a woefully cliche-riddled script. Add to that a totally implausible ending, and it’s just A Bad Thing.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Jason Lee, Julia Stiles, Selma Blair, James Brolin, Julie Hagerty, Shawn Hatosy; Director: Chris Koch; Author: Greg Glienna; Release Date Wide: 01/17/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!