In a bid for leading-man stardom, Almost Famous’ Lee sheds his sly, offbeat charm to play the kind of humiliation-prone boob Ben Stiller can now do blindfolded. Engaged to schoolmarmish Karen (Selma Blair), Lee’s pasty Paul wakes up in bed post-bachelor party with a kooky tiki dancer (Stiles). Lee stumbles through a string of increasingly senseless scenarios (diarrhea! crabs! drug arrest!), while Stiles does her eye-rolling best with a woefully cliche-riddled script. Add to that a totally implausible ending, and it’s just A Bad Thing.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Jason Lee, Julia Stiles, Selma Blair, James Brolin, Julie Hagerty, Shawn Hatosy; Director: Chris Koch; Author: Greg Glienna; Release Date Wide: 01/17/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Deadpool' screenwriters 'trying to get a jump on' sequel
- Martin Shkreli wants to be the sole owner of Kanye West's new album
- See a preview of Kanye West's videogame, about his mother going to heaven
- Box office preview: 'Deadpool' to demolish 'Zoolander 2,' 'How To Be Single'
- Kanye West raps that he 'might still have sex' with Taylor Swift
- 'Destiny' sequel expected in 2017, major expansion coming this year
- AMC orders late-night talk show from Kevin Smith, Greg Grunberg
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996