When an impetuous, egocentric security guard (Lawrence) with dreams of commanding the LAPD trumps up a brutality charge against a police officer (Zahn), their lives are irreversibly changed. The problem is, we can all predict how. An uninspired cross between Beverly Hills Cop and The Odd Couple, the film falls short due to a lack of originality, not talent. While Lawrence’s sporadically amusing physical comedy can still deliver laughs, his overacting may leave audiences disenchanted.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Martin Lawrence, Steve Zahn, Timothy Busfield, Eric Roberts; Director: Dennis Dugan; Author: David Ronn, Jay Scherick; Release Date Wide: 01/17/2003; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- Fear the Walking Dead producers reveal how much time season 1 will cover
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- Patrick Stewart on cocaine is hilarious in 'Blunt Talk' trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!