When an impetuous, egocentric security guard (Lawrence) with dreams of commanding the LAPD trumps up a brutality charge against a police officer (Zahn), their lives are irreversibly changed. The problem is, we can all predict how. An uninspired cross between Beverly Hills Cop and The Odd Couple, the film falls short due to a lack of originality, not talent. While Lawrence’s sporadically amusing physical comedy can still deliver laughs, his overacting may leave audiences disenchanted.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Martin Lawrence, Steve Zahn, Timothy Busfield, Eric Roberts; Director: Dennis Dugan; Author: David Ronn, Jay Scherick; Release Date Wide: 01/17/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert counters Jeb Bush's 'Late Show' raffle with his own contest
- On the set of 'American Horror Story: Hotel': A foursome with Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer
- Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks could leave Disney next year
- 'Jack Reacher 2' starring Tom Cruise gets a release date
- Stan Lee says 'Fantastic Four' flopped because he didn’t have a cameo
- Dean Jones, The Love Bug and That Darn Cat actor, dies at 84
- 'Wildest Dreams' director responds to allegations of colonialism in Taylor Swift video
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!