Not since Scarface has Pacino’s explosive temperament been as effectively deployed as it is in the wink-wink finale to director Roger Donaldson’s so-so spy yarn, a film that winds up more cockamamy than clever. No matter, though. Farrell, as Pacino’s computer-geek protege, is so appealing you totally understand how he can charm the pants off fellow CIA rookie-cum-espionage rival Bridget Moynahan (The Sum of All Fears). Just check out their scorching, clothes-on parking-lot tryst. It’s the best dramatic use of a D.C.-area garage since All the President’s Men.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Colin Farrell, Al Pacino, Bridget Moynahan; Director: Roger Donaldson; Author: Mitchell Glazer, Akiva Goldsman, Robert Towne, Kurt Wimmer; Release Date Wide: 01/31/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!