Not since Scarface has Pacino’s explosive temperament been as effectively deployed as it is in the wink-wink finale to director Roger Donaldson’s so-so spy yarn, a film that winds up more cockamamy than clever. No matter, though. Farrell, as Pacino’s computer-geek protege, is so appealing you totally understand how he can charm the pants off fellow CIA rookie-cum-espionage rival Bridget Moynahan (The Sum of All Fears). Just check out their scorching, clothes-on parking-lot tryst. It’s the best dramatic use of a D.C.-area garage since All the President’s Men.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Colin Farrell, Al Pacino, Bridget Moynahan; Director: Roger Donaldson; Author: Mitchell Glazer, Akiva Goldsman, Robert Towne, Kurt Wimmer; Release Date Wide: 01/31/2003; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- NFL legend Jerry Rice heads to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!