Not since Scarface has Pacino’s explosive temperament been as effectively deployed as it is in the wink-wink finale to director Roger Donaldson’s so-so spy yarn, a film that winds up more cockamamy than clever. No matter, though. Farrell, as Pacino’s computer-geek protege, is so appealing you totally understand how he can charm the pants off fellow CIA rookie-cum-espionage rival Bridget Moynahan (The Sum of All Fears). Just check out their scorching, clothes-on parking-lot tryst. It’s the best dramatic use of a D.C.-area garage since All the President’s Men.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Colin Farrell, Al Pacino, Bridget Moynahan; Director: Roger Donaldson; Author: Mitchell Glazer, Akiva Goldsman, Robert Towne, Kurt Wimmer; Release Date Wide: 01/31/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'
- WATCH: 'Prison Break' star Wentworth Miller on escaping... again
- Keegan-Michael Key, 'Serial' host Sarah Keonig to guest on 'Son of Zorn'
- WATCH: Benedict Cumberbatch teases 'Doctor Strange'