In Baltasar Kormakur’s bleakly comic drama, Thordur (Gunnar Eyjolfsson), an old man who owns the biggest fishing enterprise in town, summons his three adult children to discuss the future of the business, and each bitter beneficiary arrives lugging a lifetime of resentment as a house gift. Raging like King Lear raised on herring, Thordur refuses to accept Iceland’s changed economy, or his own family’s misery.
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Helene De Fougerolles, Gunnar Eyjolfsson; Director: Baltasar Kormakur; Author: Baltasar Kormakur, Olafur Simonarson; Release Date Limited: 05/16/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Palm
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shawn Mendes and James Corden compete in generational riff-off
- Samantha Bee rips Donald Trump for Miss Universe comments
- Trevor Noah brands Donald Trump a 'master of sexism'
- 'Pitch' sneak peek: Ginny's not the only female in a man's world
- 'Grey's Anatomy': What's next for the Mer-Maggie-Riggs triangle?
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon share a textual experience
- What To Watch Thursday: Another bad person in 'The Good Place'