In Baltasar Kormakur’s bleakly comic drama, Thordur (Gunnar Eyjolfsson), an old man who owns the biggest fishing enterprise in town, summons his three adult children to discuss the future of the business, and each bitter beneficiary arrives lugging a lifetime of resentment as a house gift. Raging like King Lear raised on herring, Thordur refuses to accept Iceland’s changed economy, or his own family’s misery.
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Helene De Fougerolles, Gunnar Eyjolfsson; Director: Baltasar Kormakur; Author: Baltasar Kormakur, Olafur Simonarson; Release Date Limited: 05/16/2003; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Palm
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amy Schumer responds to open letter about Lafayette theater shooting
- Channing Tatum is (still) doing the 'Gambit' movie
- Simon Pegg ranks all the 'Star Wars' films in 60 seconds
- 'Sherlock' producer on how Victorian special changes Holmes and Watson
- 'Downton Abbey' final season gets U.S. premiere date
- Snoop Dog stopped at Italian airport with $422,000 in cash
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s family, friends gather to attend her funeral
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!