Ken Loach’s grim and empathetic lost-youth drama tells the story of Liam (Martin Compston), a scrappy hero who sells drugs in his bleak Scottish town and dreams of caring for his mum when she gets out of jail. A few too many miseries pile up, but there’s an unpolished power to the performances.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Martin Compston, Michelle Abercromby, Michelle Coulter, Annmarie Fulton, Gary McCormack, William Ruane; Director: Ken Loach; Author: Paul Laverty; Release Date Limited: 05/16/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 30 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss teases new Murder Night and more
- Kanye West reveals final track list for album now named 'The Life of Pablo'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Deadpool' star Ryan Reynolds reveals when he feels his sexiest
- Brenda Strong compares her 'Desperate Housewives' and 'The 100' characters
- See Arcade Fire's David Bowie tribute parade
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday