Songs of domestic surrealism, rock mythology, and the places they collide: our hearts, our heads, our beds. This punky pop-rock outfit from Baltimore seems to suffer from Anglophilia–or possibly Anglophobia–with frontguy Roman Kuebler slyly referencing the Stones (“Young Keith, he was saddled with Englishman’s teeth”) and Radiohead (“They’re OK Computers but they’ll keep me inside”) in a butched-up Morrissey yodel. The triple-guitar front splits the difference between New Zealand new-wave sparkle and classic Detroit hard rock, with Virat Shukla dropping some impressive precision-strike leads. NASDAQ BLUES “All That Money (You’ll Get Over It)” is a nu-depression anthem for America’s sad mutual-fund investors–an audience big enough to send this puppy multi-platinum.
All AroundSongs of domestic surrealism, rock mythology, and the places they collide: our hearts, our heads, our beds. This punky pop-rock outfit from Baltimore...All AroundPop, RockSongs of domestic surrealism, rock mythology, and the places they collide: our hearts, our heads, our beds. This punky pop-rock outfit from Baltimore...2003-06-06
Genre: Pop, Rock; Producer (group): Lookout!
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Outlander' postmortem: EP Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on sexy, surreal season premiere
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany on season premiere choking and spanking
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!