Sounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous belly dancers just signed by multi-culti horndog Perry Farrell for this year’s Lollapalooza. The hottest new-school jams are from Egyptian sha’bi-soul prince Hakim and Anglo-Turkish breakbeat riders Oojami; the old-school is represented by Egyptian orchestral composer Mohamed Abdel Wahab and Lebanese songbird Warda. The best is deep, kinetic stuff, great for progressive dance parties and annoying your racist neighbors. INNIES OR OUTIES? Not to sound like a pervert, but yo, why don’t the dancer photos show any belly?
Bellydance SuperstarsSounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous...Bellydance SuperstarsWorldSounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous...2003-06-06
Genre: World; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Mondo Melodia
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!