Sounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous belly dancers just signed by multi-culti horndog Perry Farrell for this year’s Lollapalooza. The hottest new-school jams are from Egyptian sha’bi-soul prince Hakim and Anglo-Turkish breakbeat riders Oojami; the old-school is represented by Egyptian orchestral composer Mohamed Abdel Wahab and Lebanese songbird Warda. The best is deep, kinetic stuff, great for progressive dance parties and annoying your racist neighbors. INNIES OR OUTIES? Not to sound like a pervert, but yo, why don’t the dancer photos show any belly?
Bellydance SuperstarsSounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous...Bellydance SuperstarsWorldSounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous...2003-06-06
Genre: World; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Mondo Melodia
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!