Sounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous belly dancers just signed by multi-culti horndog Perry Farrell for this year’s Lollapalooza. The hottest new-school jams are from Egyptian sha’bi-soul prince Hakim and Anglo-Turkish breakbeat riders Oojami; the old-school is represented by Egyptian orchestral composer Mohamed Abdel Wahab and Lebanese songbird Warda. The best is deep, kinetic stuff, great for progressive dance parties and annoying your racist neighbors. INNIES OR OUTIES? Not to sound like a pervert, but yo, why don’t the dancer photos show any belly?
Bellydance SuperstarsSounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous...Bellydance SuperstarsWorldSounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous...2003-06-06
Genre: World; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Mondo Melodia
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Hills' trivia: Can you still identify these minor characters?
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys welcome first child together
- 'Jeopardy!' producer scores Guinness World Record
- Bosnia honors David Bowie with massive mural
- Alicia Keys on no makeup press photo: 'It's the strongest I ever felt'
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': First look at Harry, Ginny, Albus
- 'Scream' bosses on tragic first death and what's next
- Disney Classics Making New Magic On Screen
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies