Sounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous belly dancers just signed by multi-culti horndog Perry Farrell for this year’s Lollapalooza. The hottest new-school jams are from Egyptian sha’bi-soul prince Hakim and Anglo-Turkish breakbeat riders Oojami; the old-school is represented by Egyptian orchestral composer Mohamed Abdel Wahab and Lebanese songbird Warda. The best is deep, kinetic stuff, great for progressive dance parties and annoying your racist neighbors. INNIES OR OUTIES? Not to sound like a pervert, but yo, why don’t the dancer photos show any belly?
Bellydance SuperstarsSounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous...Bellydance SuperstarsWorldSounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous...2003-06-06
Genre: World; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Mondo Melodia
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scandal' actor Tony Goldwyn thinks Fitz should get on Tinder
- 'Price is Right' specials to host contestants from 'Big Brother,' 'Survivor'
- Ross Marquand of 'TWD' to guest-star on 'The Mindy Project,' 'Deadbeat'
- Stephen Colbert thinks 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' sounds depressing
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996