Sounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous belly dancers just signed by multi-culti horndog Perry Farrell for this year’s Lollapalooza. The hottest new-school jams are from Egyptian sha’bi-soul prince Hakim and Anglo-Turkish breakbeat riders Oojami; the old-school is represented by Egyptian orchestral composer Mohamed Abdel Wahab and Lebanese songbird Warda. The best is deep, kinetic stuff, great for progressive dance parties and annoying your racist neighbors. INNIES OR OUTIES? Not to sound like a pervert, but yo, why don’t the dancer photos show any belly?
Bellydance SuperstarsSounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous...Bellydance SuperstarsWorldSounds like kitsch, but Bellydance Superstars is actually a pretty hot comp of modern Middle Eastern pop, selected by a crew of famous...2003-06-06
Genre: World; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Mondo Melodia
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!