Remember: It’s a James Bond movie. So don’t waste time deciphering the plot (something about diamonds and a really big laser). Don’t worry whether our hero will make it out alive (though that sword fight with nefarious Toby Stephens is awfully cool). Don’t kill yourself making sense of those inexplicable gadgets (an invisible car?). And don’t squirm too much at the over-lubricated dialogue (witness every word exchanged between Brosnan and Berry as his, er, comrade in arms). Just chew on director Lee Tamahori’s clever nods to previous 007 installments, and revel in an old-fashioned romp where gravity still affects fight scenes and superheroes draw power from martinis.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Pierce Brosnan, Halle Berry, John Cleese, Judi Dench; Director: Lee Tamahori; Author: Neal Purvis, Robert Wade; Release Date Wide: 11/22/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 129; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'