Remember: It’s a James Bond movie. So don’t waste time deciphering the plot (something about diamonds and a really big laser). Don’t worry whether our hero will make it out alive (though that sword fight with nefarious Toby Stephens is awfully cool). Don’t kill yourself making sense of those inexplicable gadgets (an invisible car?). And don’t squirm too much at the over-lubricated dialogue (witness every word exchanged between Brosnan and Berry as his, er, comrade in arms). Just chew on director Lee Tamahori’s clever nods to previous 007 installments, and revel in an old-fashioned romp where gravity still affects fight scenes and superheroes draw power from martinis.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Pierce Brosnan, Halle Berry, John Cleese, Judi Dench; Director: Lee Tamahori; Author: Neal Purvis, Robert Wade; Release Date Wide: 11/22/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 129; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- 'Doctor Who' is headed to theaters in September
- Aziz Ansari's Netflix comedy snags Claire Danes and more
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!