Remember: It’s a James Bond movie. So don’t waste time deciphering the plot (something about diamonds and a really big laser). Don’t worry whether our hero will make it out alive (though that sword fight with nefarious Toby Stephens is awfully cool). Don’t kill yourself making sense of those inexplicable gadgets (an invisible car?). And don’t squirm too much at the over-lubricated dialogue (witness every word exchanged between Brosnan and Berry as his, er, comrade in arms). Just chew on director Lee Tamahori’s clever nods to previous 007 installments, and revel in an old-fashioned romp where gravity still affects fight scenes and superheroes draw power from martinis.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Pierce Brosnan, Halle Berry, John Cleese, Judi Dench; Director: Lee Tamahori; Author: Neal Purvis, Robert Wade; Release Date Wide: 11/22/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 129; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert recreates Ben Carson's debate entrance fail
- See Ben Stiller's parody Super Bowl ad for 'female Viagra'
- Macklemore brings 'White Privilege II' to 'Colbert'
- Samantha Bee makes Werner Herzog-style mini doc to mock Jeb Bush
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'