GAME Downhill Domination [Sony; PS2] TRACKS BY Saliva, Black Eyed Peas, Freezepop, Morphine THEME Mountain bike mayhem on racecourses both believable (Moab, Utah) and outlandish (an Italian hamlet). Gain speed by landing balletic air tricks and place first by kicking, sideswiping, and hurling water bottles at competitors. PLAYABILITY The soundtrack’s punk, hip-hop, and electronica selections are like dirt in a cyclist’s teeth, adding realism and even making things uncomfortable. Judging from Downhill’s theme song, Saliva’s power-chord pounder ”Your Disease,” that’s the intention. Not even a cut from the Black Eyed Peas’ upcoming album Elephunk lends these butt-busting rides any natural rhythm. Instead, the soundtrack ratchets up the intensity of every perilous rock, tree, and opponent zipping by at impossible speeds. GRADE A
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Breaking: Jake Gyllenhaal admits he was once in a boy band
- Original Hedwig John Cameron Mitchell to receive special Tony Award
- Chance the Rapper remixes Jeremih's 'Planes'
- 'Homeland' goes to Germany for season 5
- 'Grey's Anatomy' tried to warn us McDreamy was doomed...
- 'Chicago Fire' adds Dora Madison Burge
- Daniel Bruhl as Marvel 'Civil War' villain