GAME Downhill Domination [Sony; PS2] TRACKS BY Saliva, Black Eyed Peas, Freezepop, Morphine THEME Mountain bike mayhem on racecourses both believable (Moab, Utah) and outlandish (an Italian hamlet). Gain speed by landing balletic air tricks and place first by kicking, sideswiping, and hurling water bottles at competitors. PLAYABILITY The soundtrack’s punk, hip-hop, and electronica selections are like dirt in a cyclist’s teeth, adding realism and even making things uncomfortable. Judging from Downhill’s theme song, Saliva’s power-chord pounder ”Your Disease,” that’s the intention. Not even a cut from the Black Eyed Peas’ upcoming album Elephunk lends these butt-busting rides any natural rhythm. Instead, the soundtrack ratchets up the intensity of every perilous rock, tree, and opponent zipping by at impossible speeds. GRADE A
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony