GAME Downhill Domination [Sony; PS2] TRACKS BY Saliva, Black Eyed Peas, Freezepop, Morphine THEME Mountain bike mayhem on racecourses both believable (Moab, Utah) and outlandish (an Italian hamlet). Gain speed by landing balletic air tricks and place first by kicking, sideswiping, and hurling water bottles at competitors. PLAYABILITY The soundtrack’s punk, hip-hop, and electronica selections are like dirt in a cyclist’s teeth, adding realism and even making things uncomfortable. Judging from Downhill’s theme song, Saliva’s power-chord pounder ”Your Disease,” that’s the intention. Not even a cut from the Black Eyed Peas’ upcoming album Elephunk lends these butt-busting rides any natural rhythm. Instead, the soundtrack ratchets up the intensity of every perilous rock, tree, and opponent zipping by at impossible speeds. GRADE A
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Rocky' spinoff 'Creed': First trailer's here
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!