GAME Downhill Domination [Sony; PS2] TRACKS BY Saliva, Black Eyed Peas, Freezepop, Morphine THEME Mountain bike mayhem on racecourses both believable (Moab, Utah) and outlandish (an Italian hamlet). Gain speed by landing balletic air tricks and place first by kicking, sideswiping, and hurling water bottles at competitors. PLAYABILITY The soundtrack’s punk, hip-hop, and electronica selections are like dirt in a cyclist’s teeth, adding realism and even making things uncomfortable. Judging from Downhill’s theme song, Saliva’s power-chord pounder ”Your Disease,” that’s the intention. Not even a cut from the Black Eyed Peas’ upcoming album Elephunk lends these butt-busting rides any natural rhythm. Instead, the soundtrack ratchets up the intensity of every perilous rock, tree, and opponent zipping by at impossible speeds. GRADE A
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Grey's Anatomy': What's next for the Mer-Maggie-Riggs triangle?
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon share a textual experience
- What To Watch Thursday: Another bad person in 'The Good Place'
- 'A Game of Thrones': Preview the enhanced iBooks edition
- 'Survivor': Jeff Probst on the latest medical scare
- 'Criminal Minds': Thomas Gibson returns for premiere
- 'Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker to appear on '60 Minutes'