GAME Downhill Domination [Sony; PS2] TRACKS BY Saliva, Black Eyed Peas, Freezepop, Morphine THEME Mountain bike mayhem on racecourses both believable (Moab, Utah) and outlandish (an Italian hamlet). Gain speed by landing balletic air tricks and place first by kicking, sideswiping, and hurling water bottles at competitors. PLAYABILITY The soundtrack’s punk, hip-hop, and electronica selections are like dirt in a cyclist’s teeth, adding realism and even making things uncomfortable. Judging from Downhill’s theme song, Saliva’s power-chord pounder ”Your Disease,” that’s the intention. Not even a cut from the Black Eyed Peas’ upcoming album Elephunk lends these butt-busting rides any natural rhythm. Instead, the soundtrack ratchets up the intensity of every perilous rock, tree, and opponent zipping by at impossible speeds. GRADE A
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing
- Helen Mirren in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'
- Nicholas Brendon opens up about suicide attempt on 'Dr. Phil'
- What if Peter Griffin was the voice of Chewbacca?
- John 'Cha Cha' Ciarcia, actor on 'The Sopranos,' dies at 75