At the start of Tim Sandlin’s Honey Don’t (Putnam, $24.95), the leader of the free world trips on his thong underwear and fatally smashes his head against a cast-iron flamingo. That launches a kooky chain of events involving the President’s mistress (tricky Texas belle Honey DuPont), a coke-addled VP newly drunk with power, a brittle Jazzercise queen-turned-First Lady, and a sad-sack reporter staring down the scoop of his career as they crisscross the nation’s capital Rat Race-style to escape the Mob. (I’d explain why, but we’d be here all day.) It’s the rare absurdist who can bring to life such a vivid, madcap story with lightning-quick pace, razor-sharp wit, and a huge dollop of soul. But Sandlin, bless his heart, fires on all three cylinders.
Honey Don't At the start of Tim Sandlin's Honey Don't (Putnam, $24.95), the leader of the free world trips on his thong underwear and fatally smashes his head...Honey Don'tFictionTim Sandlin At the start of Tim Sandlin's Honey Don't (Putnam, $24.95), the leader of the free world trips on his thong underwear and fatally smashes his head...2003-06-06
Genre: Fiction; Author: Tim Sandlin
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquaio fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' creators break down the latest twist: 'It's an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Walking Dead' actor in subway rant clip
- Celebrities who share a birthday with the new Royal Baby
- Ruth Rendell, mysteries writer, dies at 85
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!