At the start of Tim Sandlin’s Honey Don’t (Putnam, $24.95), the leader of the free world trips on his thong underwear and fatally smashes his head against a cast-iron flamingo. That launches a kooky chain of events involving the President’s mistress (tricky Texas belle Honey DuPont), a coke-addled VP newly drunk with power, a brittle Jazzercise queen-turned-First Lady, and a sad-sack reporter staring down the scoop of his career as they crisscross the nation’s capital Rat Race-style to escape the Mob. (I’d explain why, but we’d be here all day.) It’s the rare absurdist who can bring to life such a vivid, madcap story with lightning-quick pace, razor-sharp wit, and a huge dollop of soul. But Sandlin, bless his heart, fires on all three cylinders.
Honey Don't At the start of Tim Sandlin's Honey Don't (Putnam, $24.95), the leader of the free world trips on his thong underwear and fatally smashes his head...Honey Don'tFictionTim Sandlin At the start of Tim Sandlin's Honey Don't (Putnam, $24.95), the leader of the free world trips on his thong underwear and fatally smashes his head...2003-06-06
Genre: Fiction; Author: Tim Sandlin
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kristen Stewart on relationship: ‘I'm just really in love with my girlfriend’
- 'Ithaca' trailer: Meg Ryan, Tom Hanks reunite in her directorial debut
- 'MacGyver': Tristin Mays joins the CBS reboot as series regular
- 'Gilmore Girls': Lorelai and Rory talk Amy Schumer in first trailer
- Netflix sets 'Gilmore Girls' premiere date
- 'Awkward' star Beau Mirchoff joins 'Flatliners' reboot
- Weekend Update team pokes fun at Bernie Sanders supporters at DNC
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels