Ramu (Jimi Mistry), a ”Grease”-loving dance instructor who moves from India to New York City to become an actor, finds his dreams sullied after he lands his first role – as the star of a porn feature. Fortunately for him, he’s an XXX flop; he finds his calling, however, as ”the guru of sex,” with a little help from an adult-film starlet (Heather Graham) and a spoiled dabbler in Eastern mysticism (Marisa Tomei). Punctuated by exuberant Bollywood-style musical numbers, the featherweight farce succeeds as silly, funny fluff thanks to Tracey Jackson’s witty script, and to winning comic turns by the cast (which also includes Michael McKean and Christine Baranski).
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Heather Graham, Jimi Mistry, Marisa Tomei, Christine Baranski, Dwight Ewell, Michael McKean, Rob Morrow; Director: Daisy von Scherler Mayer; Author: Tracey Jackson; Release Date Limited: 01/31/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chrissy Teigen, more stars react to Planned Parenthood shooting
- 'Batman v Superman' star Henry Cavill adopts a bat named Ben
- James Wan shares new set photos from 'The Conjuring 2'
- See Benedict Cumberbatch imitate otters with Johnny Depp
- Liam Hemsworth reveals Chris Hemsworth paid off their parents' debts
- J.K. Rowling feared second 'Harry Potter' couldn't live up to the first
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser