Ramu (Jimi Mistry), a ”Grease”-loving dance instructor who moves from India to New York City to become an actor, finds his dreams sullied after he lands his first role – as the star of a porn feature. Fortunately for him, he’s an XXX flop; he finds his calling, however, as ”the guru of sex,” with a little help from an adult-film starlet (Heather Graham) and a spoiled dabbler in Eastern mysticism (Marisa Tomei). Punctuated by exuberant Bollywood-style musical numbers, the featherweight farce succeeds as silly, funny fluff thanks to Tracey Jackson’s witty script, and to winning comic turns by the cast (which also includes Michael McKean and Christine Baranski).
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Heather Graham, Jimi Mistry, Marisa Tomei, Christine Baranski, Dwight Ewell, Michael McKean, Rob Morrow; Director: Daisy von Scherler Mayer; Author: Tracey Jackson; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amazon signs 'Top Gear' trio for new show
- Amy Sedaris lends Jimmy Fallon a helping hand while his finger heals
- Twitter comes up with #NewHarryPotterBooks we'd actually want to read
- 'Astronaut Wives Club' creator says Space Race will take a 'darker turn'
- See the chilling first trailer for Brie Larson’s 'Room'
- 'The Walking Dead' stars Norman Reedus and Andrew Lincoln get cheeky
- Jon Stewart addresses those 'secret' meetings with President Obama
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!