Werner Herzog’s odd folk tale chronicles the strange but true story of a blacksmith from the shtetl who, dressed as the Uber-German Siegfried, wowed the mostly Nazi crowds as a variety-show strongman in early-1930s Berlin before shocking them by revealing his Jewish identity. As the simple-souled muscleman, Ahola, a nonactor with an unfortunately Schwarzenegger-like bent, radiates earnestness as he vows to warn his people of the gathering storm, while Roth, as a diabolical impresario with his own secret, tries his mustache-twirling best to steal the show.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jouko Ahola, Tim Roth, Anna Gourari, Udo Kier, Max Raabe, Jacob Wein; Director: Werner Herzog; Author: E. Max Frye, Werner Herzog; Release Date Limited: 09/20/2002; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 135; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Fine Line Features
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!