Albert Brooks’ and Michael Douglas’ antic performances – as the uptight podiatrist father of the bride and the globe-trotting CIA agent father of the groom – can’t save this soggy, sensitive remake of the now-near-classic 1979 comedy. But in the midst of the wilting emotional humidity, Candice Bergen, as Douglas’ bitter, over-therapied ex-wife, is refreshing.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Albert Brooks, Michael Douglas, Candice Bergen, Ryan Reynolds, Lindsay Sloane, Robin Tunney; Director: Andrew Fleming; Author: Nat Mauldin; Release Date Wide: 05/23/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!