Albert Brooks’ and Michael Douglas’ antic performances – as the uptight podiatrist father of the bride and the globe-trotting CIA agent father of the groom – can’t save this soggy, sensitive remake of the now-near-classic 1979 comedy. But in the midst of the wilting emotional humidity, Candice Bergen, as Douglas’ bitter, over-therapied ex-wife, is refreshing.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Albert Brooks, Michael Douglas, Candice Bergen, Ryan Reynolds, Lindsay Sloane, Robin Tunney; Director: Andrew Fleming; Author: Nat Mauldin; Release Date Wide: 05/23/2003; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!