Albert Brooks’ and Michael Douglas’ antic performances – as the uptight podiatrist father of the bride and the globe-trotting CIA agent father of the groom – can’t save this soggy, sensitive remake of the now-near-classic 1979 comedy. But in the midst of the wilting emotional humidity, Candice Bergen, as Douglas’ bitter, over-therapied ex-wife, is refreshing.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Albert Brooks, Michael Douglas, Candice Bergen, Ryan Reynolds, Lindsay Sloane, Robin Tunney; Director: Andrew Fleming; Author: Nat Mauldin; Release Date Wide: 05/23/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is Emma doomed?
- President Obama to meet with Leonardo DiCaprio to talk climate change
- Fantastic Fest special report: Delights, debates, and Dolph Lundgren
- John Carpenter slams Rob Zombie's 'Halloween' remake
- Backstreet Boys surprise fans at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- U2 sample Donald Trump during 'Dream' performance
- 'Will & Grace' stars reunite in fun photos