Albert Brooks’ and Michael Douglas’ antic performances – as the uptight podiatrist father of the bride and the globe-trotting CIA agent father of the groom – can’t save this soggy, sensitive remake of the now-near-classic 1979 comedy. But in the midst of the wilting emotional humidity, Candice Bergen, as Douglas’ bitter, over-therapied ex-wife, is refreshing.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Albert Brooks, Michael Douglas, Candice Bergen, Ryan Reynolds, Lindsay Sloane, Robin Tunney; Director: Andrew Fleming; Author: Nat Mauldin; Release Date Wide: 05/23/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!