Albert Brooks’ and Michael Douglas’ antic performances – as the uptight podiatrist father of the bride and the globe-trotting CIA agent father of the groom – can’t save this soggy, sensitive remake of the now-near-classic 1979 comedy. But in the midst of the wilting emotional humidity, Candice Bergen, as Douglas’ bitter, over-therapied ex-wife, is refreshing.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Albert Brooks, Michael Douglas, Candice Bergen, Ryan Reynolds, Lindsay Sloane, Robin Tunney; Director: Andrew Fleming; Author: Nat Mauldin; Release Date Wide: 05/23/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lady Gaga changes lyrics to ‘Trayvon Angel’ at final Dive Bar Tour set
- Classic horror movies get the David S. Pumpkins treatment
- 'Bye Bye Birdie' starring Jennifer Lopez is NBC’s next live musical
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' stars on that surprising hookup
- Q-Tip announces final A Tribe Called Quest album
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan's brutal kill scene recreated with Legos
- JoJo honors Selena with 'Dreaming of You' cover in hometown