Albert Brooks’ and Michael Douglas’ antic performances – as the uptight podiatrist father of the bride and the globe-trotting CIA agent father of the groom – can’t save this soggy, sensitive remake of the now-near-classic 1979 comedy. But in the midst of the wilting emotional humidity, Candice Bergen, as Douglas’ bitter, over-therapied ex-wife, is refreshing.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Albert Brooks, Michael Douglas, Candice Bergen, Ryan Reynolds, Lindsay Sloane, Robin Tunney; Director: Andrew Fleming; Author: Nat Mauldin; Release Date Wide: 05/23/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ava DuVernay, Catherine Hardwicke respond to Hollywood gender discrimination probe
- There will be magazine cover drama in Lifetime's 'Melrose Place' movie
- 'Blindspot' gets full season order
- Celebs share sage advice for EW's 25th birthday: 'Stop staying out late'
- 'Teen Wolf' at Comic Con: Chris isn't the only Argent returning
- What we learned from the 'Mr. Robot' New York Comic-Con panel
- The Walk reviews: What did the critics say?