Maya Lin: A Strong Clear Vision, Freida Lee Mock’s dissection of the early-’80s construction of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, turns into a real nail-biter as various interests trade blows over whether the D.C. monument is an architectural landmark or an unpatriotic downer. But the filmmakers earn their Best Documentary Feature Oscar when they turn their lens on Lin – just a 21-year-old Yale student when she won the memorial’s design competition – and her other unique tributes to women and the civil rights movement. Rarely has watching the artist at work been such riveting entertainment.
Maya Lin: A Strong Clear VisionMaya Lin: A Strong Clear Vision, Freida Lee Mock's dissection of the early-'80s construction of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, turns into a real...Maya Lin: A Strong Clear VisionDocumentaryMaya Lin: A Strong Clear Vision, Freida Lee Mock's dissection of the early-'80s construction of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, turns into a real...2003-06-06
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Maya Lin; Director: Freida Lee Mock; Status: In Season
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!