Maya Lin: A Strong Clear Vision, Freida Lee Mock’s dissection of the early-’80s construction of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, turns into a real nail-biter as various interests trade blows over whether the D.C. monument is an architectural landmark or an unpatriotic downer. But the filmmakers earn their Best Documentary Feature Oscar when they turn their lens on Lin – just a 21-year-old Yale student when she won the memorial’s design competition – and her other unique tributes to women and the civil rights movement. Rarely has watching the artist at work been such riveting entertainment.
Maya Lin: A Strong Clear VisionMaya Lin: A Strong Clear Vision, Freida Lee Mock's dissection of the early-'80s construction of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, turns into a real...Maya Lin: A Strong Clear VisionDocumentaryMaya Lin: A Strong Clear Vision, Freida Lee Mock's dissection of the early-'80s construction of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, turns into a real...2003-06-06
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Maya Lin; Director: Freida Lee Mock
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive on Twitter
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!